Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Cairo Station (1958) by Youssef Chahine

I think this might have been my first Egyptian film. It was a quite exciting film which had similarities with the Italian Neo-realism. The focal point was the poor workers around Cairo station, focusing on a mentally ill person with a limb who falls in love with an attractive soda seller. The movie had a lot of interesting angles and the mise-en-scene was expertly crafted and though made on a shoestring budget was fairly experimental with its use of the camera. Im pretty sure a lot of you would find it fascinating as it had a quite interesting narrative.

+

Homo sapiens (2016) by Nikolaus Geyrhalter

I guess this is a movie which most of you would classify as dull or boring, but in my world it was rather captivating in creating a post-apocalyptic world (with great sound engineering btw). Its made in the vein of James Benning with still frames and no dialogue at all. I would classify it as an art documentary. It made me reflect in terms of nature versus man and the impact we as a species have on the planet. A lot of the scenes looked like a post-industrial world, where nature was making its own comeback.

+

Homo sapiens (2016) by Nikolaus Geyrhalter

I guess this is a movie which most of you would classify as dull or boring, but in my world it was rather captivating in creating a post-apocalyptic world (with great sound engineering btw). Its made in the vein of James Benning with still frames and no dialogue at all. I would classify it as an art documentary. It made me reflect in terms of nature versus man and the impact we as a species have on the planet. A lot of the scenes looked like a post-industrial world, where nature was making its own comeback.

+
I'm sold. The images alone piqued my interest, but the way you describe the experience makes me think this is something I would thoroughly enjoy. Great review.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

Pride of the Yankees (1942)
Gary Cooper and Teresa Wright make a truly lovely couple and it was pretty d@mn cool to see a young, thin Walter Brennan (though I kept hoping he'd belt out that signature cackle of his, just once). A great dedication to the legendary, hard working Lou Gehrig. An additional bonus was seeing a number of Yankee players of the day as well.
Great lil movie and SO GLAD I finally saw it. THANKS @SilentVamp!!

The Sense of an Ending (2017)

Welcome to the human race...
Election 2 -

All I feel now is a combination of concern that the first one won't hold up on re-watch and also wondering when Kitano's going to do another Outrage film.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Resident Evil: Retribution -

Art.
So this has to be on your inevitable list of bad movies you like.

Suspect's Reviews

You can't fight in here.This is the War room!
The Autopsy of Jane Doe (2016) 6/10

Caché (2005) 7/10

Angst (1983) 6/10

La piel que habito (2011) 9/10

RAW (2016) 8/10

Get Out (2017) 7/10

Busanhaeng (2016) 6/10

The VVitch: A New-England Folktale (2015) 6/10

Green Room (2015) 7/10

Abendland (2011) by Nikolaus Geyrhalter

Another interesting documentary by Nikolaus Geyrhalter, this time more in the vein of Frederick Wiseman with the fly on the wall type of documentary without any comments or music. The film made me reflect over the dichotomy between freedom versus security within the European Union and in that context a reflection on life in late modernity. The movie only screens scenes from nighttime or the twilight period, which was an interesting dogma for this sort of documentary. Recommended for fans of Wiseman and Benning.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Seven Days in May - 7.5/10

Chicanery at the federal levels of government. JFK loved the book, and was so supportive of the movie in the making, he gave them access to take video.. Of course THE PENTAGON (respect) wasn't supportive.