Who Are Your Favorite Actors?

Tools    

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Hmm.., Ian McKellan, Johnny Depp, Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gorden-Levitt, Al Pacino, Zach Braff, Michael C. Hall, Bryan Cranston, Jake Gyllenhaal, Gary Oldman, Jack Nicholson, and yeah, that's really off the top of my head. I like a lot of actors, but those are a couple of the names that really pop into my head.

Ian McKellen for his work in X-Men and the Middle-Earth movies.

Johnny Depp for Pirates of the Caribbean, From Hell, The Secret Window, Edward Scissor-hands and a lot of other movies. I like the fact that Johnny Depp seems particularly shy in person, like me, but comes off as having a very eccentric way about him, also like me, albeit to a more robust manner.

Joseph Gorden-Levitt for The Lookout, The Dark Knight Rises, (500) Days of Summer, Manic, and Looper.

Al Pacino mostly for Scarface, I didn't hate him in The Godfather, but it wasn't one of my most beloved roles.

Zach Braff for Scrubs and Garden State. Michael C. Hall for Dexter, and Bryan Cranston for Breaking Bad.

Jake Gyllenhaal is one of my personal favorites with movies like Jarhead, End of Watch, Donnie Darko, Source Code, Love and Other Drugs, Prisoners, .. Prince of Persia (I loved the games), and just a lot of different movies.

Gary Oldman for a lot of things, he's really one of the most complete actors that there is.

I really liked Jack Nicholson in The Departed, and ultimately, I really like Jack Nicholson, I didn't like him as The Joker, but it wasn't his fault. He's a very, very capable actor.

I think that Leonardo DiCaprio might very well be my favorite actor because of his work in Django Unchained and The Departed. Also, there's Titanic, Inception, The Great Gatsby, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Romeo + Juliet (which was stupid, but wasn't THAT bad) and other things. I still haven't watched Catch Me if You Can, The Aviator, The Beach, Blood Diamond or Shutter Island.

Some of my favourites:

Tom Hiddleston

and

Helena Bonham Carter

And others. Barbra Streisand, Cillian Murphy, Robert de Niro, and so on.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Benedict Cumberbatch is beginning to win me over as well, I liked his work in Star Trek: Into Darkness and The Hobbit 2: Desolation of Smaug, but more than that, I really enjoy his work as Sherlock in the television series.

An Auto-Bot that reviews movies....
In no particular order

TOM HARDY -
Really proved himself in Lawless for me. His performance in that was perhaps one of my most treasured and enjoyed performances of any actor just because of how encompassed he was in that character.

ROBERT DOWNEY JR -
He's becoming a household name since his role as Iron Man/Tony Stark but some of his less well known works like Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang and A Guide To Recognizing Your Saints are exceptional films and really show off his persona and skill as a performer. He has the attitude and just the right amount of sass to pull of such a wide array of characters, considering he seems to be able to channel aspects of himself so perfectly into any role.

SIR IAN MCKELLEN -
An all round outstanding actor. Not much needs to be said here.

TOMMY FLANAGAN -
Perhaps one of the most under appreciated actors in Hollywood, not to mention undervalued - Flanagan has proved himself as an exceptional performer in most, if not everything his starred in. As of most recent, his presence on FX's Sons of Anarchy, where he plays Chibs Telford, he has displayed such versatility in his role, and such raw emotion that not putting him on here would be unrealistic. He's one of the few actors that's able to bring me near to tears, if not completely to tears through his performances when he has to call on heartache and sincere emotion.

There are a few others but these are the stand-outs for me at the moment.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.

Seriously. If a film stars Tom Cruise, you can always count on him to give a solid performance, and there are more than a handful of his films where he's given brilliant, unforgettable performances. People always give me funny looks when he's the answer to who is my favourite actor, but I'm always serious; Cruise is a powerhouse.

Other favourites: Nicolas Cage, Christian Bale, Brad Pitt, Jim Carrey and I'm starting to really, really like both Ryan Gosling and Mark Wahlberg (he's surprisingly skilled at both comedies and dramas).