I'm Becoming a Fabulous Atheist

Tools    

there's a frog in my snake oil
And you can bleat on about one debunk...but that can be replaced by a hundred other truths. Far worse.
It's one of many debunks, dearest, but perhaps my favourite, because it shows how easily you'll assume the worst is happening when it comes to religions. The only reason I've kept repeating it is because you've stood by it for so long, throwing it around amongst your standard 'Medieval' repertoire and defending it outright as having 'seen it with your own eyes' etc.

It's one of the many reasons it's almost impossible to discuss the valid points you do raise. They're mired in a morass of pre-ordained belief. Kinda ironic.

Originally Posted by 42nd
And living near the abject shame of 'Londonistan', that place that was once the Capital City of my country before it became a 3rd world, dark ages trapped, Islamist terrorist training camp and recruitment centre, you should know that.
What, no hyperbole?

I see 42nd finally admitted that he was wrong about the gravestones. Not much of a mea culpa, though:

And you can bleat on about one debunk...but that can be replaced by a hundred other truths
Why did it take you so long to admit this? And why are you brushing off the fact that you were so casual with the truth? Have you ever stopped to think what it says about your objectivity that you so readily accept things that fit into your worldview, even if they're false?

You're confirming everything being said about you with every post, for crying out loud. Every logical rejoinder is ignored, replaced by vague examples of religious abuse. I don't know what logical circuit in your mind has to go missing for you to think that these constitute a basis from which to despise the whole of religious practice across the world, but they don't. They just don't. It's a form of generalization so extreme and fallacious that I'm stunned I have to point it out.

Now, either you have actual responses to the points being made, or you don't. And given that you've been repeating yourself and avoiding every argument thrown your way for the last couple of weeks, I think it's a pretty safe bet that you don't. So stop wasting everyone's time: answer the posts and arguments being addressed to you, or man up, concede that you can't, and move on.

Also, I've sent you this same warning via PM, but I'll repeat it here, so that people have a heads-up in case anything goes down: if you keep trying to drag this discussion into other threads again, you'll be banned. Your religious bigotry has a big enough stage on which to commit intellectual suicide in this thread already. Please consider this your final warning on the matter.

Well, he asked for it. Literally.

If anyone cares to read any choice excerpts from 42nd's final rant to confirm that it was ban-worthy, PM me and they're all yours.

Suffice to say, the post did not contain the previously requested response to any of the points being made. It did contain quite a few adjectives, though, so there's that.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
At least Peter Cushing isn't there anymore. I'd shudder to think of him speaking that way, even with Darth Vader or Count Dracula.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
It did contain quite a few adjectives, though, so there's that.
Let me guess, were these adjectives largely represented by stars instead of letters?

You ready? You look ready.
God, I am so surprised. I just didn't see this coming! Why? WHY?!!
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

That's an excellent question. I have no idea. I'd say it's probably 50/50, but that will probably change in the next five minutes, so I will have to get back to you.

Hey, it's been 19 minutes. Is it still 50% HA!

To me, the easiest way to decide if you're a believer and nobody else RIGHTFULLY thinks you're insane, is to pray. It's amazing what happens sometimes, but others will blow it off, but I'm just trying to post a few random idiotic thoughts here. YIKES!

Actually, I just rather not share my own beliefs. It's a private matter. I'm all for discussing beliefs and arguments for them and some of those might actually be my own opinion. However, I don't feel comfortable plastering my religious beliefs, or lack thereof, all over a message board. I won't shout it in the streets either. Depending on the person, I might divulge a little information but I am waiting for the right girl to share everything and anything with, beliefs included.

And I, of course, am sure you're cool with it.

To me, the easiest way to decide if you're a believer and nobody else RIGHTFULLY thinks you're insane, is to pray. It's amazing what happens sometimes, but others will blow it off, but I'm just trying to post a few random idiotic thoughts here. YIKES!
Definitely not idiotic.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Yes, I don't really believe in idiots as long as they try or have a plan. That doesn't keep me from wanting to understand them a little bit more ASAP, as you may imagine.

I find certain bands to be very spiritual. For example, Bob Marley and the Wailers, Morphine and Elliott Smith qualify, along with Grant Lee Buffalo and too many cliches to mention as of yet. So I was just wondeing if your answer earlier was more physical or spiritual, if you believe in such things...