Valentine's Day ~ Put a Little Love in Your Heart Tournament!!!

Tools    

Last tournament Topsy called a song a classic, and it was a song I thought of as new.
Bless her, I blame it on too much Cheryl, Shakira & Britney - turns the brain to mush ya know .... needs a more balanced diet imo

Round 1, Day 3

Kenny Rogers - Through the Years vs. Jackie Wilson - Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher and Higher I liked the Kenny Rogers song too, but this one's Jackie's

The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony vs. 10cc - The Things We Do For Love 10cc was one of me and Mr H's favourite bands

The Monkees ~ Sometime in the Morning vs. Yves Montand - C'est Si Bon absolutely no contest. Yves and his sexy voice
Britney Spears - and Then We Kiss vs. Imperial Leisure - The Landlord's Daughter I quite like the Britney song, but the second one is much more up my street. Any mention of boozers and I'm listening...

Exile - Woke Up In Love vs. Magic Man - Paris

Mama Im Coming Home - Ozzy vs. Bon Jovi ~ You Give Love a Bad Name both ok

Byonce - Haunted vs. Gary Barlow - Forever Love neither song impressed, but gone with Gary cos I dunno, I always feel a bit sorry for him

The Temper Trap - Love Lost vs. Harry Nilsson-Without You Favourite of mine for reasons above

It always hurts my soul to vote for trailer park Spears, but I liked her song much more in this case.
please,we all know you dont have a soul!

OK, mojo was on an hour ago, but I don't see his votes, so I PMed him. I'm not sure if I've already done that. I've been a bit lost in la la land for the past day or so. Sorry!!! Bad meds. Taking no more of them. I will figure out what to do with catching this up tonight. I don't want to tie~break with someone else, but this is sort of dragging on too long. I'll be back . . . Free from muscle relaxers.

Listening now, but Lisa I'm surprised you've not heard Angels before. It's very popular over here as a wedding song . I thought it was a worldwide hit that one. Also Topsy not knowing Without You was originally done by a man...that makes me feel very old!
Newsflash honey: we are
He's right . . . We are, but that song is actually new to me. It's so beautiful. I most definitely saved it.

Round 1, Day 3

Kenny Rogers - Through the Years vs. Jackie Wilson - Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher and Higher

The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony vs. 10cc - The Things We Do For Love
I agree with Topsy, maybe I didn't choose the right one for this tournament.

The Monkees ~ Sometime in the Morning vs. Yves Montand - C'est Si Bon
I really liked the vocalist's voice

Britney Spears - and Then We Kiss vs. Imperial Leisure - The Landlord's Daughter
The hardest choice yet! I really liked both of them. I also changed my mind a couple times

Exile - Woke Up In Love vs. Magic Man - Paris

Mama Im Coming Home - Ozzy vs. Bon Jovi ~ You Give Love a Bad Name
I'm a big Bon Jovi fun myselft

Byonce - Haunted vs. Gary Barlow - Forever Love

The Temper Trap - Love Lost vs. Harry Nilsson-Without You

I feel weird not writing something below all of them but I just don't know what to write . I also have, every time I post, this weird feeling I'm forgeting to bold a winner in one of them

I feel weird not writing something below all of them but I just don't know what to write . I also have, every time I post, this weird feeling I'm forgeting to bold a winner in one of them
Don't feel weird about it - some people never write anything about their decisions in these, some people do nearly all the time ... it's completely up to the individual. I used to worry that I always tended to highlight the negative rather than the positive and stopped commenting most of the time because of that but now comment if I feel like it.

p.s. Glad you liked the IL song - really didn't expect anyone except perhaps christine to enjoy that one!

Well, I did PM MoJo before his last visit, so I have no idea why he didn't vote. If he still hasn't replied by the time I come back, I'll let Tongo get these. That way, we can get this back on track today. I'm sorry. I didn't expect something like this.

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

I will post the winners right before I do the next set, later on tonight. I have a review to get posted first, in the 40's thread. Life is working my ass off right now, so I must get for a bit . . .
I can't seem to find the winner's post for day 1. I can't believe I missed that. I was about to post the winners for day 2. Fixing now, damnittohell . . .

Round 1, Day 1:
The Winners!!!

A Fine Frenzy - Near to You
Billy Ocean - Suddenly
Judie Tzuke - Stay With Me Till Dawn
Delegation - Oh Honey
Iyeoka - Simply Falling
Oasis - Slide Away
Faith Hill and Tim McGraw - It's Your Love
Janis Joplin - Cry Baby

Round 1, Day 2:
The Winners!!!

The Monkees ~ Look Out Here Comes Tomorrow
Robbie Williams - Angels
Peter Cetera & Cher ~ After All
Peter Cetera - Glory of Love
Nat King Cole ~ L~o~v~e
The Tomangoes - I Really Love You*
Eric Clapton - Forever Man
Bettye Swann - Make Me Yours

* OK, Ned didn't vote on that, and I just wanted to get these caught up. I took a vote by my family, and not a soul voted for John & Iris. If anyone is mad over that, let me know, and I'll get Tongo to vote on it when he's on next.