The MoFo Millenium Top 100 Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Coen Siblings you mean. After all they aren't brothers.
No, they are brothers. Are you thinking of the Wachowski Brothers which became the Wachowski Siblings, I guess, since one of them, Larry, is now Lana?

Coen Siblings you mean. After all they aren't brothers.
From wiki
Joel and Ethan Coen, of Jewish heritage,[ grew up in a Jewish community in St. Louis Park, Minnesota, a suburb of Minneapolis.[3] Their father, Edward, was an economist at the University of Minnesota, and their mother, Rena, an art historian at St. Cloud State University.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Pleased to see Hedwig making the top 100. Pretty sure I had that on my list (although to be honest it was a while ago and I kept changing my mind about the films at the lower end of the top 25).

Black Dynamite is the first one to add to my lovefilm queue, haven't seen that.

I'm surprised at the popularity of Master and Commander. I watched this recently for the MoFo movie tournament. It was perfectly watchable and I enjoyed it more than the book, but surprised to see it in this list.

O, Brother Where art Thou I am not surprised to see, but it's not one I especially like.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
No, they are brothers. Are you thinking of the Wachowski Brothers which became the Wachowski Siblings, I guess, since one of them, Larry, is now Lana?
Yes that is precisely what i thought of. Mixed up the 2, carry on nothing to see here.

Yes that is precisely what i thought of. Mixed up the 2, carry on nothing to see here.
Are you kidding? I'm glad you brought it up. There's lots to see here. Let's see a before and after picture of Larry/Lana Wachowski:

Larry Wachowski BEFORE.

Lana Wachowski AFTER.

Hey, look, Honeykid. It's the Tropical/Wild Berry version of Whoopi Goldberg!

# 93
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
(2011, Fincher)

39 points

Well there we go. I had GWTDT on my list, and fairly high up if I remember. It is a great movie, I couldn't make it through the book but the film was stunning. Finchers best. I haven't seen it but I bet the original will make it too

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Either it's good that my nominees aren't making the list, as they are further down, or they aren't making it at all. I'll predict somewhere in the middle.

Yay! One of my choices made it!

Brotherhood of the Wolf is such a visually stunning film. Just absolutely gorgeous to look at. Big thumbs up!

Haven't seen Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

Haven't seen either of them, I have seen the Swedish version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo which I thought was a great film and I have Fincher's version recording on Sky Premiere this friday night, looking forward to it

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Quite surprised by Brotherhood of the Wolf making it. I really need to watch that again, saw it once but probably not for near on 10 years and I can't really remember how much I liked it.

And I've not seen TGWTDT

Either it's good that my nominees aren't making the list, as they are further down, or they aren't making it at all. I'll predict somewhere in the middle.
You had Iron Man on your list, buddy, somewhere in the middle...

Quite surprised by Brotherhood of the Wolf making it. I really need to watch that again, saw it once but probably not for near on 10 years and I can't really remember how much I liked it.
Actually I'm surprised to see it here too.

As much as I love it, I don't think it's an especially popular movie. I know when it first came out I had no desire to see it (horror elements, sci-fi elements, martial arts and foreign language? No thank you!) but a friend of mine insisted. I'm so glad she did.