Optimus 100 favourite movies

→ in
Tools    

Lawless is pretty awesome and I like Tango and Cash.

Grown Ups was just so so for me and I haven't seen Wolverine yet.

Looking forward to the rest!

I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've seen Grown Ups on a Top 100. I'm glad to see that you're being honest with your selections, though, instead of trying to pander to the crowd. I like your presentation as well.

As for the movies themselves, I really enjoyed The Wolverine. The others not so much.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Master of My Domain
Thumbs up for Jackass, that movie was basically a fun amusement park ride.

Majorly don't agree with your Expendables 3 choice, it's the worst of the series in every way and suffers from being a third film that came out from excessive 'milking', also being a PG-13 movie it toned down the gritty action trademark of the series. The first and second one is way better, especially the first one where it was fresh to see old action heroes in one place for the first time.

Haven't seen the rest so don't have any opinions on them.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Thumbs up for Jackass, that movie was basically a fun amusement park ride.

Majorly don't agree with your Expendables 3 choice, it's the worst of the series in every way and suffers from being a third film that came out from excessive 'milking', also being a PG-13 movie it toned down the gritty action trademark of the series. The first and second one is way better, especially the first one where it was fresh to see old action heroes in one place for the first time.

Haven't seen the rest so don't have any opinions on them.
I have to disagree completely on your take of the first 2 Expendables movies. Number 2 was terrible, Van Damme had the personality of a sponge and was a very boring villain. Mel Gibson on the other hand was a breath of fresh air, he was crazy and very enjoyable to watch.

Master of My Domain
I have to disagree completely on your take of the first 2 Expendables movies. Number 2 was terrible, Van Damme had the personality of a sponge and was a very boring villain. Mel Gibson on the other hand was a breath of fresh air, he was crazy and very enjoyable to watch.
Number 2 is terrible as well, but it gets points for being true to its roots by sticking to the R rating.

Mel Gibson didn't really give Number 3 a big difference or a reason to watch it.

Just my opinions, don't take it seriously.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Number 2 is terrible as well, but it gets points for being true to its roots by sticking to the R rating.

Mel Gibson didn't really give Number 3 a big difference or a reason to watch it.

Just my opinions, don't take it seriously.
Hey everyone has different tastes that's why these lists are so unique .

Lord High Filmquisitor
I haven't seen any of the new ones, but I very much did not like the first Expendables. It was fun to see everybody together, but I felt that the action wasn't engaging, the plot unsatisfying and the character uninteresting. The third one looked a lot more fun, at least.

I have Roadhouse on my own 100, so obviously you're getting rep for that. I really like Under Seige, too. It's just a huge amount of fun thanks mainly to Busey and Jones.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I have Roadhouse on my own 100, so obviously you're getting rep for that. I really like Under Seige, too. It's just a huge amount of fun thanks mainly to Busey and Jones.
Where can I find your top 100?.

Master of My Domain
Where can I find your top 100?.
At the top of this sub-forum there is a thread tagged as 'important' called 'Members Favorite Films List', you can find Honeykid's list there. Hoped this helped.

I'll watch The Expendables 3 at some point, but that PG-13 rating killed my expectations.

Under Seige, Jackass, and Roadhouse are all gold.

I watched The Expendables 3 last weekend and I thought it was the weakest of the trilogy. The PG-13 rating played a part in that, but I was also annoyed by how much screen time is wasted on a bunch of MMA fighters trying to be wannabe actors.

I've never seen Under Siege because I hate Steven Seagal.

The Jackass movies make me cringe more than laugh, but it's hard for me to take my eyes off the screen when they're playing.

It seems like Roadhouse is on TV every time I flip through the channels. I've seen bits and pieces of it, but never the whole movie.

Van Damme had the personality of a sponge and was a very boring villain.
If I could roundhouse kick you through the internet right now I totally would.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""

If I could roundhouse kick you through the internet right now I totally would.
He was the weakest villain out of all 3 movies. And I'd say number 2 was actually the weakest.

Master of My Domain
Totally love Sin City and Con Air so a big thumbs up for those two.

While Tokyo Drift did have some decent action it was to me the weakest film of the series as and it seemed like it was desperately trying to be strong by putting in lots of hot girls and flashy drifts without having the basics planned out.

Got to see Planes because of my very young cousins and I found it lacking the heart a lot of Disney films.

Lord High Filmquisitor
Cars was the first time that I doubted e infalibility of Pixar, and Planes seemed like more of the same: pandering toward kids instead of making universally good movies. I haven't seen Cars 2 nor neither Planes film because they sadly don't look appealing to me at all. Still, there is obviously an audience for it, based on its inclusion here and Ebert's review of it.

Sin City is another favorite of mine. It's sadly been excised from my own top 100 this year, but it's never-the-less an amazing film with the hyper-stylized aesthetic that I typically love.