best music featured in a movie

Tools    

Lets put a smile on that block
I absoloutly love the score for Requiem for a Dream. Does anyone know what it is called?
Its such a powerful score, it makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. A lot of other films have started using it in their trailers now, but everytime i hear it all i think of is poor old Ellen Burnstein (sp?) being force fed by those nasty nurses

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
I absoloutly love the score for Requiem for a Dream. Does anyone know what it is called?
Its such a powerful score, it makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. A lot of other films have started using it in their trailers now, but everytime i hear it all i think of is poor old Ellen Burnstein (sp?) being force fed by those nasty nurses
i think there are two versions of that track. one of them is titled "winter-lux aeterna"

i really liked the music in Kill Bill Vol. 1

I love the score to "Le Mempris" (Contempt). Haunting.

i really liked the charlies angels - full throttle soundtrack...
the music is really good and it is a variety aswell

cazz
x
x

I've always enjoyed the Halloween Series music. Its so cool!

Also I like the music they played in "The Mask of Zero" great love song!Don't know the name through but it playes throughout the whole movie!
Also in "Home Alone one and two" the music in there is great too!
and that is all I can think of right now!"Miss Contenity" has its moments but it is not the best music ever!"Dancing Queen" is a good remake song through and "One of the Milloon too!See you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

Someone Save Us College Kids
Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Mozart

Well I think I seen a thread like this already, but what the hell my favorite song would have to be "Lose Yourself" from the 8mile movie. That is the BEST SONG in my book.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Just some songs...

"Spoiled" w. Sebadoh in Kids

"Mad World" w. Gary Jules and Michael Andrews in Donnie Darko

"Where is My Mind" w. Pixies in Fight Club

"Tiny Dancer" w. Elton John in Almost Famous

Then I really love the music by composer Dun Tan in the movies Hero and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

the score for lord of the rings (all three)
the score for legends of the fall

best use of song in the beginning of a film: "give me that old time religion" for inherit the wind..
favorite musical: the music man

Ok, I'm not going to pitch a fit (although I am confused why I get yelled at for starting already existing threads and nobody else does) but oh well. I'll post anyway. Top 5 movies scores. I'd try to do soundtracks but it's 8:00 in the morning and I'm still a little asleep.

5. Requiem for a Dream

4. Indiana Jones

3. JAWS

2. Lord of the Rings

1. Star Wars
And found he was eating his shoe.

"You Couldn't Make It Up...!!!"
I'm not one for complete soundtracks. I'm more of a main theme man... SUPERMAN, The Paella Trilogy, ROCKY, MAGNUM FORCE, 633 SQUADRON etc, etc immediately spring to mind.

But for soundtracks I've bought in the past few years, three would be top of my list...

CRASH
THE INSIDER
THE ADVENTURES OF PRISCILLA...QUEEN OF THE DESERT (never has so much pop fodder been put to such good use... Baz Lurhmann please take a bow!!!)

JR

1. Natural Born Killers
2. Braveheart
3. Desert Saints
4. Singles
5. Swingers

My favourite music from movies:

American Beauty by Thomas Newman

The Virgin Suicides by Air

Magnolia - all Aimee Mann's tracks

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by Black_Cherry
American Beauty by Thomas Newman

Magnolia - all Aimee Mann's tracks
Totally forgot about those. Absoloutly agree

I also love james Horner's score from Meet Joe Black

Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
Ok, I'm not going to pitch a fit (although I am confused why I get yelled at for starting already existing threads and nobody else does) but oh well.

You thought I was yelling at you... All I did was to ask you to use the seach feature... which is what I try to ask all newbies when they start a new thread when there are exhisting threads... Hear that Frank...

Now... there are several exhisting threads on this topic... a few of them can be found here:

Best Movie Sountracks

Music's just right...

Music in Film

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

any john williams score, like star wars, harry potter, indiana jones, but my favorite is the lord of the rings trilogy. the music they play when the hobbits are there, it goes like, you know...

Clint Mansell and the Kronos Quartet

At the end of Donnie Darko there is a song called Mad World by Gary Jules. When I heard that song it hit me hard. It is such a sad song; it is now one of my favorite songs.