Resident Evil

→ in
Tools    

Good for anaction movie, bad for anything else. Great ending for anyone thats played the games!
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

I am a big fan of the games and I was hoping for the best. I was totally surprised about htis movie. Very good. All the cast performances were great not just that fox Milla.
As a fan of the game I'll give this movie a 8 1/2 out of 10.

This was great and everything I expected it to be. The Licker was cool. It took them a while to finally realize to shoot them in the head but it was still good. I never expected all those people to die in that vault especially the leader, african american guy. This is a great movie and the director did a good job. A must see movie.

Gawd, this movie sucked.

We have:

1) An annoying, Hispanic "heroine" who looks like a crackhead they pulled off the street, with that "eyes-in-the-back-of-my-skull' look. Was I supposed to be rooting for her to survive?

2) A lifeless, secondary character, who later proved to be the villain. He looked disturbingly too much like Pauly Shore. Do you know what I mean?

3) A boring, typical "hopping" CG-effects monster that scared me about as much as an antique, corn-cob dildo. (Actually, that scares me more.) That first attack scene with the monster was completely unrealistic and laughable. When 'it' looked back into the camera, it looked like it was made of Play-Doh. Just plain sucky.

4) The acting was disgraceful.

Easily the best part of the movie was the computer-activated, laser defense system, early in the film. Slice and dice, baby.

Man, how I yearn for the old days of Sci-Fi/horror film making.
Ladies and gentlemen, we will never see another
Dawn of the Dead, or The Thing.

This movie was good. I watched Signs on the same day and this was the better one. This is the best Game to Film conversion done so far.

I could easily watch this again!

Its the same as you can aspect the storyline to be but that is because it has the follow the coputer game!

4 out of 5

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
i really didn't understand the movie, i never played the game, but my boyfriend had, so he kinda filled me in on what was happening, he said that the end of the movie is where the video game starts, but they are already in talks of a resident evil 2.
i liked the part where the people got stuck in the hallway and the lasers where cutting them

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

I was told by a co-worker that this movie was fantastic. After seeing it...I wasn't even halfway impressed. The acting was sub-par, even for an action film. The action was overall corny. The CGI demon was straight out of "House on Haunted Hill". Like stated before, the only outstanding part was the laser defense system, wich was flat out SWEET.

Here I am/There I go
my review
Sorry for linking rather than posting proper but I have a poll on all of my reviews so this is the best way for me to post a review.

Decent at best. Rotten ending. Genuinely creepy at some points, though. Could've been much, much better. The best part was when they ran from the zombies.

This movie SUCKED!!!!! Their idea of being scary was to make everything quiet, and then to raise the volume to maximum, and GROWR!!! or whatever. Lame movie, that and The Time Machine were the two worst I've seen in the last year, with Showtime tagging along at third.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."