Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Tools    

BKB
Uh...Huh?

How does this relate to your claim that Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny was created due to the success of Top Gun: Maverick?

Just to clarify, this was your claim, in your own words:

Emphasis mine.

What does the opinion of some nitwit on MSNBC disliking Top Gun: Maverick have to do with the reasoning behind the making of the latest Indiana Jones film?
Because they're aiming for Nostalgia with an 80 Year old Harrison Ford reprising this role one last time before he heads off into the sunset.. You really couldn't have figured this out on your own?? It's pretty obvious why it was made.. Both Top Gun and Raiders were made in the 80's..

Because they're aiming for Nostalgia with an 80 Year old Harrison Ford reprising this role one last time before he heads off into the sunset.. You really couldn't have figured this out on your own?? It's pretty obvious why it was made.. Both Top Gun and Raiders were made in the 80's..
And that’s about all these two things have in common… dear me.

A system of cells interlinked
I am not sure how I can clarify any further, or how you keep missing the point entirely, so I will state it as plainly as possible:

They didn't decide to make the new Indiana Jones film due to the success of Top Gun: Maverick, because they started making Indiana Jones years before the release of Top Gun: Maverick, meaning it was impossible that Maverick's success was the impetus for the creation of The Dial of Destiny.

There is nothing for me to figure out here: You made a silly and easily disproven claim, I refuted it with facts, and you started talking about MSNBC and then attempted to adjust the goal posts by talking about films made in the 80s, which never had anything to do with your original claim.

Anyway, this is a dead horse at this point, which you can feel free to ride off into the sunset, if you wish.

Did you read his post? He's talking about basic causality: they started making this film before that other film's box office receipts had come in. Therefore they couldn't have made it "because" of them. Really simple.

Also, appending little jabs like "you didn't look hard now did you?" is pretty lame and pointlessly confrontational even when you're right, which you are demonstrably not. Cool it with the tired Internet chest-puffing stuff, please.

BKB
I am not sure how I can clarify any further, or how you keep missing the point entirely, so I will state it as plainly as possible:

They didn't decide to make the new Indiana Jones film due to the success of Top Gun: Maverick, because they started making Indiana Jones years before the release of Top Gun: Maverick, meaning it was impossible that Maverick's success was the impetus for the creation of The Dial of Destiny.

There is nothing for me to figure out here: You made a silly and easily disproven claim, I refuted it with facts, and you started talking about MSNBC and then attempted to adjust the goal posts by talking about films made in the 80s, which never had anything to do with your original claim.

Anyway, this is a dead horse at this point, which you can feel free to ride off into the sunset, if you wish.
The studio responsible for this latest Indiana Jones movie is hoping and praying it's as successful and a Billion dollar movie as TOP GUN: MAVERIKK and sorry to say, but it won't be based off the tepid reviews and a projection of 60-65 Millon for the 3 day which was initially 5 days til the mixed reviews came out..

BKB
All of that is

a) completely true and
b) has no relationship to what you guys were just talking about.
a) It's not true and I'm not a Bot and for someone who's an Administrator, you would be able to tell this when I signed up
b) I don't care what people think of me. I'm merely here to discuss movies and box office.. Nothing more, nothing less and sorry I've rubbed people wrong over it

a) It's not true and I'm not a Bot and for someone who's an Administrator, you would be able to tell this when I signed up
I was replying to your post, not his. They were posted just a few seconds apart.

A system of cells interlinked
b) I don't care what people think of me. I'm merely here to discuss movies and box office.. Nothing more, nothing less and sorry I've rubbed people wrong over it
For the record, you haven't rubbed me the wrong way.

I was also just discussing films and box office!

Saw this today. My thoughts: There are some things I liked here and others that didn't work for me. I liked the opening sequence and there were some good adventure sequences towards the end. I thought Phoebe Waller-Bridge was miscast and they could have done more with some of the other characters. I really didn't like the way they handled one character's fate in particular. The film is longer than it needs to be, but there are enough moments of classic Indy charm to still make it worthwhile.

Well, this aged well. This one ain’t Spielberg’s, and Spielberg is still going strong.

This, I think, was the movie's main problem. Say what you will about Mutt, aliens, etc., but two things they are not are bland and boring.

I'm finally going to have to join all those people who pretend one of the Indiana Jones movies doesn't exist.

BKB
From VARIETY:

The release from Disney and Lucasfilm is expected to debut near the bottom of projections, with a three-day opening of $60 million or so. It’ll be more than enough for the Harrison Ford action-adventure film to land in the top spot on domestic charts, setting itself up to draw crowds through the Fourth of July holiday — but it’s not exactly the victorious tone-setter for one of the most expensive American blockbusters ever made. With a whopping $295 million production budget, “Indiana Jones 5” faces quite the trek to theatrical profitability.

When I think of only $60 Million for the 3 days, I'm not picturing crowds being that big and that alot of people are out of town for the holiday weekend.. They did say travel would be probably ther biggest for the 4th of July weekend in a long time, so we'll see.. No spinning it though, this has been a pretty lacklsuter summer thus far.. Let's see how Mission:IMPOSSIBLE VII does in 10 days

BKB
https://deadline.com/2023/07/box-off...ny-1235427644/

Boy, DEADLINE is brutal with their take on Indiana Jones weekend box office, but when you really consider the cost to make the movie at $295 Million, it's sort of hard not to see this as a disappointment.. I feel like if you call a movie a "BOMB" around here, you're accused of Trolling which is absurd, but whatever..

The biggest problem with Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny is that there were no efforts here to cast-it-up and make it appealing to an under-40, diverse crowd, like Paramount did with Top Gun: Maverick. Dial of Destiny was conceived for the hardcore Indy fan, which are dudes over 50.

I'm sorry, but TOP GUN: MAVERICK appealed to the same older crowd who saw this back in the 80's..

I feel like if you call a movie a "BOMB" around here, you're accused of Trolling which is absurd, but whatever..
No, it's when you call a movie a "bomb" even when it makes five times its budget.

I'm sorry, but TOP GUN: MAVERICK appealed to the same older crowd who saw this back in the 80's..
...which isn't what you claimed originally. You claimed it was made as a response to that, not that it was made for similar reasons.

The solution here is to be a little more careful about the claims you make, rather than get mad at people (and then post passive-aggressive messages like this one) who notice when they don't make sense.