Un-be-lievable! The star to portray Michael Jackson is.....

Tools    

...... Joseph Fiennes

http://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainme...1yi?li=BBnbfcL

I thought Anthony Hopkins playing Richard Nixon was a reach. Problem is Fiennes is gonna have to be lighter skinned for the role. Zing!

Is there any point in the movie though?
Jackson was so big we all know the stories anyway.
It's the made up story about him, Brando and Liz Taylor driving from NY on 9/11. Brian Cox is playing Brando and Stockard Channing plays Taylor. It's for Sky Arts.

What's next? Idris Elba as James Bond???? What is the world coming to?

With the Oscar controversy going on at the moment, imagine how awkward it would be if Fiennes gets nominated for his performance here. I know it's a made-for-TV film and will not get Oscar attention, but imagine how weird the reaction would be. I wonder how the OscarSoWhite movement would treat that?! ��

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
So, this is legitimately true? Well, I think it is an odd thing to do by casting Joseph Fiennes in the role. Forget that he is white. He doesn't look like him (Fiennes has always had a big nose, for one thing - how are they going to trim that down?), and I don't think they could even try to make him look like him. This is the kind of case where I have to wonder what Fiennes was smoking when he accepted it.

I understand how he described the story, but, really? It sounds more like a mockery than just a heartfelt comedy - or whatever he said.

Maybe the story could work, but they really shouldn't have him play the part.

Also, I see people online are making comments now like Denzel should play Elvis. And there was another one commenting on Idris Elba being James Bond (that he should be). Here is my thing. I was one of the first people that said Idris should be the next James Bond. Not because I think the role should go to someone because he is black, but because I think he has the kind of "look" that is needed to play that character.

What is incredibly silly is seeing a stage production of "Mary Poppins" where there was a woman who was clearly supposed to be Queen Victoria, but the woman who was playing her was black. And I honestly couldn't take the performance seriously because of that fact. All I kept thinking was "Am I really the only one in this theater that thinks this is absurd?!". It was ridiculous.

Basically, I suppose I don't have any real issue with different races playing fictional characters. But why is this done with people that actually existed at some point in time?! I know how Michael looked then. And they could find someone much more suitable for the role that is even half black. This is just stupid.

I think that this is, quite possibly, one of the most laughable things that I have heard in a long time.

Here is my thing. I was one of the first people that said Idris should be the next James Bond. Not because I think the role should go to someone because he is black, but because I think he has the kind of "look" that is needed to play that character.
Me too. I'd been saying the same thing about Denzel since the 90's for the same reason.

...... Joseph Fiennes

I thought Anthony Hopkins playing Richard Nixon was a reach. Problem is Fiennes is gonna have to be lighter skinned for the role.
Do you know what, I've got more of a problem with Brian Cox as Marlon Brando (Billy Zane should have beefed up for the role).

Brian Cox isn't a good choice either. And whether someone likes Elizabeth Taylor or not, I think it is an insult to have Stockard Channing play her. I don't mind Stockard Channing, but she is no Elizabeth Taylor.

I can't say I would ever watch this, but then there is that curiosity to see the first 5 minutes or so just to see how it looks. I just can't imagine it will be anything all that good.

If I am wrong, then I will be wrong. But I really don't see how they are going to make Jospeh Fiennes' nose look right. That is a major part of Michael's look. To be completely honest, it was looking pretty bad right then (I don't know what he ended up doing in the end to improve it but he did). I don't see how they could ever use any kind of make-up to make Fiennes' nose smaller.