The Amazing Spider-Man

Tools    

im not tosure i wontt osee it unit they have more prvew not sure how well it would do in the moive wolvrien 2 the agvner and the new batman moive all come out. i don't know if people would wont to see orignle story aging. it will be differnt i don't like the new coustom of it. i'll probble ysee it i might have to wait see more preview and read about it . i hope uncle ben dies thats the only reason why he became spider-man ididn't think sally field should be anut may shes gotten old they need older oto play aunt may they need older looking anut may look like the tobey Maguire moives.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Trailer looked alright, but it looked like just a recap of the first Spider-Man film, only without the sexiness of Kirsten Dunst...I may see it, but the Sam Raimi Spidey flicks are still where it's at (except for 3).

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Looks terrible.

Semper Fooey
Sally Fields can put on her Flying Nun clothes and team up with Spiderman.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Too soon for a reboot.

Semper Fooey
In terms of the movies the Lizard is such an uninteresting choice because like Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus he is a laboratory experiment gone wrong. Might have been better if they tag teamed Mysterio and Kraven the Hunter. Mysterio frames Spiderman for robbery and perhaps even murder and Kraven goes after him. These made in the laboratory villains seem real formulaic by now.

Trailer seems to have swung consensus on it blowing to it being potentially a good summer flick. Definitely has persuaded me to give it a chance

Looks a million times better than what Sam Raimi did with Spiderman, never liked his trilogy of films. Can not wait for this new one, a much better cast this time around for me, couldn't stand Maguire and Dunst.

Looks like another Hulk Situation to me: Mess up the first ones, then within the shortest amount of time possible, make an improvement with a 'reboot'.

What I'm thinking, is the same as with Hulk and Edward Norton.

The lead actor Garfield, won't return for a sequel and it'll screw the new Spidey right up, just like Norton did with Hulk and The Avengers when he spat his dummy out.

I'll put money on it.

Who the hell are these first trilogy haters? Spider-Man 2 is one of the best comic book adaptations ever put to film. What are you loony's talking about?!?

Yeah, Spider-Man was very good, and Spider-Man 2 was downright fantastic. Third was pretty weak, though.

Anyway, the reboot doesn't bother me. Won't change what's already out there, and who knows, it could be good, or at least interesting in ways the last one wasn't. I'm all for them trying more.

I'm not a hater of the first two Spidey movies. I didn't like the third one though...

... but as I said in my last post, I can see it going the way of Hulk.

I don't know what in that trailer is new or exciting. I didn't even like the last Spider-man movies, so I'm ready for a new adaptation, but there seems to be a tinge of cynicism around sony's Spider-man movies.

Also, just like Tobey, Garfield's delivery of his jokes came off flat. Enough of the dark, bitter spider-man, who can hardly even bring himself to make a joke.

that's what she said...
As a lover of basically anything and everything superhero/comic related, I cant wait to see this!

I loved the last 3 Spider-man movies (Toby made a terrific *and mighty cute!* spider-man. I was jelous of Dunst just because she got to kiss him for the movie, lol!)

Although I do feel its a little soon for a spider-man remake, Im always ready to view the new perspective with an optimistic and open mind. The preview looks great!

Who the hell are these first trilogy haters? Spider-Man 2 is one of the best comic book adaptations ever put to film. What are you loony's talking about?!?
Loony for life!

Then I propose you have no place in a comic book adaptation thread.

Time for me to be controversial.

Spider-Man 2 is the best comic book to film adaptation ever. Yes, I said it. Not only is it exciting and vastly entertaining, but it actually understands what a comic book is. Or at least what a pre-Frank Miller, Alan Moore comic book is. SM2 perfectly captures the tone and feel of a comic book. It is literally a comic book brought to life.

Sure, The Dark Knight, and, to a lesser extent, Batman Begins, showed us that comic book adaptations can be a little more grown-up, but Spider-man showed us what a comic book actually is; exciting, bright, vibrant, a little silly, and, most of all, fun! So, you can take your Dark Knights and your Watchmen, but it's really Spider-Man that understands where the material is really coming from.

Side note, it's nice that comics grew up a little during the Reagan era, but it's also a little sad. Sometimes it's nice to simply have fun.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Looks like another Hulk Situation to me: Mess up the first ones, then within the shortest amount of time possible, make an improvement with a 'reboot'.

What I'm thinking, is the same as with Hulk and Edward Norton.

The lead actor Garfield, won't return for a sequel and it'll screw the new Spidey right up, just like Norton did with Hulk and The Avengers when he spat his dummy out.

I'll put money on it.
Yet the Hulk was really a reboot because they didn't do the origin story. They recapped it in the opening credits, so it could be possibly a sequel, just with different cast, all around.

The Avengers is going with the second Hulk story line with different actors, haha

Suspect's Reviews