They Died?!?!?!?

Tools    

Not sure if this one has been mentioned... Roy Scheider passed in 2008... Multiple Myeloma, a problem with white blood cells.

Vincent Schiavelli of cancer as well in 2005... Ghost, Batman Returns, Tomorrow Never Dies, Buckaroo Banzai, Star Trek TNG, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest...

Mike Starr. Bassist of Alice in Chains. March 8, 2011, prescription-drug overdose
While it's certainly sad to know that another AIC member has died, this thread is about actors that have passed, not celebrities in general.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...

David Graf
Actor (Police Academy series); 2001, heart attack

Merritt Butrick
Actor (Star Trek: The Wrath Of Khan); 1989, AIDS

Douglas Kenney
Writer/actor (Animal House - co-wrote and played "Stork"); 1980, accidental fall from cliff

Just read up on Lewis^^ I didn't realise he was dead either.

Apparently he's suspected of murder and died in an accident while fleeing the scene.

I know him from AvP Requiem as the younger borther... not seen any of his other acting work though.

Jonathan Brandis, died in 2003 aged 27. Suicide.
Neverending Story 2, seaQuest DSV.

JT Walsh, died in 1998. Heart attack.
Tequila Sunrise, Good Morning Vietnam, Backdraft, Breakdown, The Negotiator, A Few Good Men.

that's what she said...
WOW I never knew a lot of these. Alfelfa was murdered?! How horrible!!!

And in threads like this I never know if I should thumbs up or not. I feel bad it's like they died so I kinda feel bad if I thumbs it up but I should thumbs it up because I learned something new...? IDK!!

I have one to add:

FRANCES BAY (jan 23 1919-sept 15 2011)
^but maybe you did know, it's kinda common sense, she was just shy of making it 100yrs old!

Frances Bay is one of the most underused actresses ever. She played a load of background characters but never really got the foreground very often.

Great actress.

that's what she said...
yeah at least. it's just suprises me because his character is like a "classic" because to this day people still laugh at the hair sticking up on people and call them "alfalfa" after this character. So to just find out now that he was murdered (even if age 20-30s) is still surprising and I cant believe it happened!

Actually, it always surprises me when an actor/actress is murdered because don't they have like hired bodyguards and stuff?

that's what she said...
Frances Bay is one of the most underused actresses ever. She played a load of background characters but never really got the foreground very often.

Great actress.
She had a great role in HAPPY GILMORE though, she cracked me up in that one.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
Here's what Wikipedia says about his murder:
Prior to a hunting guide job, Switzer agreed to train a hunting dog for Moses Samuel "Bud" Stiltz. After the dog was lost, having run after a bear, Switzer offered a $50 reward for the dog's return. A man found the dog a few days later and brought it to the Studio City bar where Switzer was working. Switzer paid the man $35 and bought him $15 worth of drinks from the bar. Several days later, on the evening of January 21, 1959, Switzer and his friend, 37-year-old unit still photographer Jack Piott, came to the conclusion that Stiltz owed Switzer the $50 paid to the man who found the dog. Shortly before 7:00 p.m. that evening, the pair arrived at Rita Corrigan's home in Mission Hills, where Stiltz was staying, to collect the money Stiltz "owed" Switzer.
According to Stiltz's testimony, he banged on his front door, demanding, "Let me in, or I'll kick in the door." Once Switzer was inside the home, he and Stiltz got into an argument. Switzer informed Stiltz that he wanted the money owed him, saying "I want that 50 bucks you owe me now, and I mean now." When Stiltz refused to hand over the money, the two engaged in a fight. Switzer allegedly struck Stiltz in the head with a glass-domed clock, which caused him to bleed from his left eye. Stiltz retreated to his bedroom and returned holding a .38-caliber revolver, but Switzer immediately grabbed the gun away from him, resulting in a shot being fired that hit the ceiling. Switzer then forced Stiltz into a closet, despite Stiltz having gotten his hands back on the gun. Switzer then allegedly pulled a switchblade knife and screamed, "I'm going to kill you" and was attempting to stab him with it, but just as Switzer was about to charge Stiltz, Stiltz raised the gun and shot Switzer in the groin. Switzer suffered massive internal bleeding and was pronounced dead on arrival at the hospital

This one may be obvious, but why'll randomly browsing through Wikipedia, I came across the movie Uptown Girls, and I found out that Brittany Murphy recently passed away a few years ago, who I really enjoyed in 8 Mile. I've never really watched any of her other films, with the exception of Uptown Girls a while back, and some of her voicework in animated stuff, and Good Boy! as a kid, but her last film, Something Wicked, comes out this year, so maybe I'll have to check it out when it comes out, along with a few others she's been in.

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
I was actually going to post Michael Jeter. I was shocked because my daughter watches Elmo's World and he's on there all the time. It wasn't until I was watching Green Mile that I looked him up and was like "Oh." It never really occurred to me to look him up when he was on Elmo's World. Anyway, someone I was surprised had passed away was Brent Chalem (best known as Horace from Monster Squad). I had bought the movie and they were talking about his passing in one of the extras. It caught me off guard.

Keith A Walker.
His face is probably most famous for playing Mr Walsh (Dad) in The Goonies.

He also wrote episodes for M*A*S*H, The Hardy Boys and The Nancy Drew Mysteries.
Here's the biggie though, he was the guy who came up with the idea for (and then wrote) Free Willy and has been credited in all Free Willy films since.

Died in 1996 aged 61.

I was surprised that jim Varney's died