Say one negative thing about your favorite film 🙂

Tools    

So let's play devil's advocate and give at least one negative criticism about your favorite film. And it can't be a negative criticism disguised as a compliment such as the film wasn't long enough. The person who hates on their favourite film the most wins

Also you can take the film you dislike the most and make it sound like a masterpiece.

My favorite film of all time is Mary Poppins and during my last couple of re-watches I have concluded that the "Jolly Holiday" sequence goes on much longer than it needs to. The whole thing with Bert's cane falling in love with Mary's parisol could have been eliminated and as funny as the sequence with Bert and the penguins is, it also goes on a little longer than it needed to. Also, the lullaby that Mary sings "Stay Awake", brings the film to a complete halt and when I watch the movie, I ff through that scene.

The Exorcist is perfect. Not a bad frame in the film. But I think it's impossible not to conclude that the spider walk sequence should have been included. Yes, I know Friedkin's reasoning. But he overthought it. That shit would have brought the house down in 1973.

My favorite film of all time is Mary Poppins and during my last couple of re-watches I have concluded that the "Jolly Holiday" sequence goes on much longer than it needs to. The whole thing with Bert's cane falling in love with Mary's parisol could have been eliminated and as funny as the sequence with Bert and the penguins is, it also goes on a little longer than it needed to. Also, the lullaby that Mary sings "Stay Awake", brings the film to a complete halt and when I watch the movie, I ff through that scene.

I also felt this way but brilliant film 👌

The Exorcist is perfect. Not a bad frame in the film. But I think it's impossible not to conclude that the spider walk sequence should have been included. Yes, I know Friedkin's reasoning. But he overthought it. That shit would have brought the house down in 1973.

Yeah I thought it was a crime that that scene was taken out. Was scary as hell when I first watched it

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
The spider walk is included in The Version You've Never Seen.

Stalker (1979)

Look, if you're trying to convince your audience that you can sneak by a group of heavily armed soldiers by driving practically right next to them in a massive vehicle, you're not going to get very far. Not to mention how the military conveniently misses them while firing live ammunition and, in spite of the three of them pausing by the trolley car for a decent amount of time, the military doesn't bother pursuing them. By the way, how many times did Stalker go to the Zone? Did he "sneak" by the military all those times? If so, I'm surprised they didn't adopt better defenses to prevent that from happening.

One simply does not try to understand Stalker. One simply watches it as it unfolds…..
Keep in mind that I'm just playing devil's advocate. It's a masterpiece and my #1 favorite film of all time. I was just trying to think of a Cinema Sins-esque criticism for this thread.

My favorite film is probably, arguably Casablanca. My one negative thing would be that it's not a half hour longer.

Aspiring Movie Critic
BIRDMAN (or the unexpected virtue of ignorance)

Being an individual who's fascinated by cinematography, i find the sequences where characters go in dark places to be "obvious" stitches. It doesnt ruin my immersion or anything but the little bell always goes off while watching

I forgot the opening line.
Cool idea for a thread.

Okay, so my favourite film of all time is Raiders of the Lost Ark. If I had to say one thing negative about it, it would be this : That famous flaw in it's story. Since the ark was always going to wipe out the Nazis when they opened it, this means that all of of the effort Indiana Jones goes through to steal it from the Nazis is beside the point and unnecessary. It's rare to see movies like that, where the hero has pretty much lost, but is handed a victory regardless. If there'd only been a scene where Jones persuaded the Belloq and the Nazis to open the ark, then it would have covered up that quirk in the film's plot. He'd have actually won the day.

As far as filmmaking goes though, the movie is pretty much perfect.

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

My favorite film is probably, arguably Casablanca. My one negative thing would be that it's not a half hour longer.

Lol read my original message

BIRDMAN (or the unexpected virtue of ignorance)

Being an individual who's fascinated by cinematography, i find the sequences where characters go in dark places to be "obvious" stitches. It doesnt ruin my immersion or anything but the little bell always goes off while watching

That's one of my all time favourite quotes

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Not enough dogs in Aliens .
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

Di je Karlo?
An Event - the way they used the radio during that swamp fight scene was really corny.

Apocalypto - The dialogue in the first act is cringy.