MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2024 Season

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Double digit runs for both teams... some guys got shelled!

Taking a moment to savor the likely pinnacle of my season.

Well, it seems at whatever point Yahoo! took its daily snapshot last night I happened to be in first before dropping to fourth by game's end.

6 more days. Feel good about my roster. Kyle Schwarber is off the trading block. 6 more days.

6 more days. Feel good about my roster. Kyle Schwarber is off the trading block. 6 more days.
Is anyone really ever off the trading block for the right offer? Not for me

Yeah, similarly I always make a face when I hear someone say a player is "untouchable." There's no way that's literally true.

Closest thing is "hey, I like this player so much it would require a value even I realize is unreasonable, so unlikely we'll get anything done."

The trick is not minding
Speaking of Ohtani….his wife is adorable when he hits a single. She gets all excited! Calm down girl! He’s going to hit a lot! You’ll wear yourself out before the All Star Game!

The trick is not minding
6 more days for me to enjoy my rapid ascension to second place before reality hits in.

We taking bets on Ohtani's bets?

I suppose I am, since I have to weigh any potential trades against the possibility he'll be suspended.

The trick is not minding
The Ducks are very busy today:

*picks up DL Hall*

14 mins later….
*drops Hall for Yim Garcia*

4 minutes later….
*drops Garcia for John Brebbia*

He’s like Henry the VIII going through wives. Only without the beheadings…
Placing bets on Ohtani’s behalf on how long Brebbia lasts on the roster.

As a Mariners fan, I'm used to watching Shohei slip away, but it still hurts.

Well.....I sure hope he doesnt get suspended now.

Nice trade Lamb, I got 2 first rounders now, ....or do I?

Play ball !

Well.....I sure hope he doesnt get suspended now.

Nice trade Lamb, I got 2 first rounders now, ....or do I?

Play ball !

And I have none! Hopefully I can make up for it with a high volume of high rounders. Or maybe I'll turn around and trade back up. Who knows?

I think the only thing impressive about this trade is the restraint everyone is showing by not commenting on it.
No, I wasn't doing this trade for thread buzz. Just didn't realize the suspension Ohtani could possibly face would last a year. A deals a deal though, and I'm not whining, at least not yet

I'd be fairly surprised if Ohtani gets suspended, but obviously you have to factor that in a tiny bit in the value. But 3rd and 5th is within the ballpark of normal value for a late 1st rounder anyway, potentially, so even a 10% dip to hedge your bets makes it pretty straightforward.

Who knows.