Down With Feminism

Tools    

First of all, if it's about equality, as apposed to female superiority, then why is it called "feminism?"

Remember the song, "Anything you can do, we can do better." Better is not equal, it's superior.

Feminism is defined as the belief that men and women deserve equal rights and opportunities. Well that sounds good on the surface...

I don't have the same opportunities as everyone else, and I have more opportunities than most. This ideal is completely absurd. Do gooders are just a bunch of hypocrites with too much time on their hands if you ask me.

Well, I think women should be allowed to vote, but I don't vote because there is no one worth voting for. I think women should be allowed to join the army, even a combat unit. But I don't think they should get drafted. There are certain priveleges that women would give up if they were equal in every way. Men and women are of equal value as human beings, but they are not the same. Feminism is stupid.

But equal isn't the same in this case, is it? That's the real lie which has been sold to women. Women should have equality, but men and women aren't the same.

Master of My Domain
Feminism still exists because women and men aren't treated fairly even to this day. I'm okay with it except when the occasional extremists get on the big social network mike and say absurd statements.

But equal isn't the same in this case, is it? That's the real lie which has been sold to women. Women should have equality, but men and women aren't the same.
Ding ding ding.

Equality does not mean everyone is identical, and equality under the law is not a guarantee of any particular outcome. Equality under the law is a concept we adopt because it seems to minimize human suffering compared to every other concept, but it's not a universal or metaphysical truth. I think it's easy to forget this.

Also, giant asterisk due to the fact that people mean wildly different things by "feminism." I consider myself a feminist, but I'll bet most self-described feminists today wouldn't think I was.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Modern feminism makes me sick, it has nothing to do with real world problems and equality, it's a tragic comedy. There are only few things that irritate me as soon as they are mentioned, this is one of them.

First of all, if it's about equality, as apposed to female superiority, then why is it called "feminism?"

Remember the song, "Anything you can do, we can do better." Better is not equal, it's superior.

Feminism is defined as the belief that men and women deserve equal rights and opportunities. Well that sounds good on the surface...

I don't have the same opportunities as everyone else, and I have more opportunities than most. This ideal is completely absurd. Do gooders are just a bunch of hypocrites with too much time on their hands if you ask me.

Well, I think women should be allowed to vote, but I don't vote because there is no one worth voting for. I think women should be allowed to join the army, even a combat unit. But I don't think they should get drafted. There are certain priveleges that women would give up if they were equal in every way. Men and women are of equal value as human beings, but they are not the same. Feminism is stupid.
Where to start here. You're combining so many different things in your post.

Firstly, why does the word feminism imply superiority? It's never been read like that by me ever.

Men and women should have equal rights and opportunities, why shouldn't they?

Of course everyone in this world doesn't have the same opportunities. If I was living in Saudi Arabia I wouldn't have the opportunity of playing music in the street. If I was in London I would. The same opportunity doesn't exist in those two societies. But if I was working as a bus driver in London as a woman I'd expect the same pay and opportunities as a man bus driver within the same company.

What has do gooders got to do with anything?

Thanks for agreeing we should be able to vote, I'm glad you agree with that right! The fact that you don't use your vote is a shame on you for not using the privilege that so many people in this world have fought and died for.

Men and woman are of equal value, but no they are not the same, but as far employment, wages, law and society, their treatment should be equal.

Modern feminism makes me sick, it has nothing to do with real world problems and equality, it's a tragic comedy. There are only few things that irritate me as soon as they are mentioned, this is one of them.
Can you give us an example that provokes your irritation? Something from real life, not something from the annals of heresay or tabloid journalism.

I was wondering about this post,

until I read this post:
How much alcohol is too much? Experiment #097: Five shots of whisky, and five beers. Still going...

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Can you give us an example that provokes your irritation? Something from real life, not something from the annals of heresay or tabloid journalism.
Example - Calling everything and everyone sexist while ignoring serious problems women have in some countries, weren't they forbidden to drive in S.Arabia until some time ago? Was ass of a Street Fighter (video game) character really more important?

Just to be clear, there is a reason why I add "Modern" in front of feminism, I know there are honest people who are trying to do good, but overall it's a toxic community of people who have no clue what they are talking about.

Men and woman are of equal value, but no they are not the same, but as far employment, wages, law and society, their treatment should be equal.
If thats the definition of feminism then Im a feminist.

I do like to hold the door open for a woman, pull out her chair, etc...TONGO old school. Whats funny is sometimes Ive gotten comment how thats "chauvinistic" behavior. Actually this has nothing to do with the threads topic. Nevermind!

The question is, do you do the same for men? If you do, then it's not sexist When it comes to social conventions, I think things get a lot more individual, both in what you (we) do and what people like/don't like.

The question is, do you do the same for men? If you do, then it's not sexist When it comes to social conventions, I think things get a lot more individual, both in what you (we) do and what people like/don't like.
No I dont hold the door open for men, or pull out their chair. Its just misconception why a woman could be offended by a gentlemanly act. People are too touchy.

Well it's not a misconception because you've just said that you've gotten flack for it. I've gotten flack for it, too.

Why don't you hold the door open for men, though? Rude.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I didn't read anything above, as I always have 8-10 threads in separate tabs..

Feminism sounds like a buffet....When it comes to the great stuff about men, "Gimme!" - but when it comes to the not-so-great stuff that women or society expect from men, women say "Nope"... Performing in combat, performing in the act of intercourse, business, courting the women, paying for dinner, etc etc...

And the wage gap is basic common sense. First off, women haven't had opportunity for that long, but they are doing pretty good, considering single women make more than men. Women have children, and sometimes aren't able to work as much. But society doesn't force them to have children, it's biological.

Yeah, let's be clear on "equal wages": women do have equal pay...for equal work. Figures that show them making 77 cents on the dollar (or some similar number) invariably ignore the fact that, on average, they're working shorter hours and/or choosing careers in lower-paying industries. When studies are done to control for these factors (along with things seniority), the wage gap is incredibly small, non-existent, or sometimes even going slightly the other way.