Avatars & Profile Banners: The Making of . . .

Tools    

Very cool avatars Destiny huge props I enjoyed looking through the thread. Is there anyway you could make an avatar of Steve McQueen doing a burnout in Bullitt. Something to the effect of a continues loop of the burnout part that comes at around 6 seconds into the youtube video. If not no problem. Again very cool stuff just recently noticed this thread.

Sure. I'll at least try to make a few, and if you like any of them, then great. If you don't like any of them, then let me know why.
I'll either work on this later tonight, or sometime tomorrow late day/late night.

that works! I'll use the first one! thanks!
[punches him in the face, grabs him and points his gun right at his throat] I never said anything about the FBI. She's my partner, ese. And if anything happens to her, I will find you and I will kill you. I won't think twice. Come here, look in my eyes. [pushes barrel of the gun into his mouth and cocks it] Look at my face. If anything happens to her, I will kill you. This is between you and me, and nobody sees, nobody knows.

dumb question if I don't ask I won't know. I found this gif and I was wondering how I add it as a gif everytime I go to add it it only captures the first image and not the moving gif.

Sorry for the delay in that avatar. Do you still want it?

dumb question if I don't ask I won't know. I found this gif and I was wondering how I add it as a gif everytime I go to add it it only captures the first image and not the moving gif.

Add it to what exactly? What are you trying to do to/with it?

Sorry for the delay in that avatar. Do you still want it?
Add it to what exactly? What are you trying to do to/with it?
I was trying to add it as my avatar but everytime I tried to add it it kept on adding it as a single frame not as the animated gif.

Yeah! I'd love to have the Bullitt avatar. If you have the time, no rush though.

Sweet Destiny could you please make me one or 2 from this clip of one of guilty pleasures

I sure can. I'll need to get these made sometime tomorrow. I'm running seriously late, right now. I also need to find the software that I use to use for converting You-tube videos. Now that I think about it, it's all at the start of this thread. Duh! Anyway, my old computer zonked out on me sometime back. I haven't had the time to redo everything.

p.s. What time-frames do you prefer from that video?

Well hell . . . I don't suppose you should have had faith in me. I forgot to do this. Sorry Nebs. I was feeling rather sh!tty during that time, and wasn't around the board any. Sorry again.

Well hell . . . I don't suppose you should have had faith in me. I forgot to do this. Sorry Nebs. I was feeling rather sh!tty during that time, and wasn't around the board any. Sorry again.
Don't worry, I knew if you were ok. you would have done them hope you are better now

I think as bandwidth increases globally, animated gif avatars will eventually be replaced by 90 x 90 Vimeo-hosted flash films that last up to half an hour.

Too much to read here, Lis.

Ok, what software do you use to download FLV's/youtube videos??
Also what size must the avatar be?
I copy/pasted that part. If you get stuck, get back with me. I'll be home around 7 tonight.

Also, the avatars have to be the maximum size of 110 by 90 pixels or 341.8 KB. Whichever is smaller. You size them with a setting from Animation Shop, which has trial versions. I have those instructions somewhere on here, as well.

----

Making avatars from on-line videos:

First, you download RealPlayer.

The New RealPlayer

Then you find whatever video you want, start it up, and at the top right corner, there will be this . . .

You click to download, and it stores them in your documents, in your "My Videos" folder. There will be a RealPlayer video folder in there.

Now, depending on whether or not you want the entire video, or just certain sections of it, you will have to convert the FLV file, to an AVI file. You can do this for free with this download, as long as you don't mind it only saving the first 70% of the video. You can get that software here . . .

Smart FLV Converter Pro

I plan on buying this software later on, because I sometimes need the entire clip. For now though, I can, and do send them off to this site for free . . .

Zamzar

They can take hours to return the video to you, and sometimes it's not emailed back to you until the next day, depending on when you send it in. If you would prefer using them, instead of buying that software, this is how you use that site for converting your video files . . .

Go to Zamzar, and click on the 'download videos' tab. Take your You-tube URL address, and place it in the URL blank. Click the 'convert files' tab, and choose 'video formats' AVI. Then enter your email address, and click the 'convert' tab. Wait for it to load. I've done this. It does work, and it is safe. They email you the link for downloading your video. You only have 24 hours to save your video to your computer, unless you join.