Your Favourite Beatles Song!!!

Tools    

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
" Things we said today "
Not their best known song, but for some reason it just struck a chord with me.
Love the Beatles, would rather listen to real music by real musicians than any of the manufactured crap the music industry seems to churn out non-stop.
Also can't stand boy bands doing cover versions of old classics, if I had my way, there'd be a new reality show involving said offenders and a firing squad with unlimited amo!!!

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Originally Posted by MinionTV
My favourite beatles album is 'revolver' which has one of the best tracks ever - 'Tomorrow never knows'.
That's my dog's least favorite Beatles song.

There are so many to choose from. But if I were to choose a top 10, here's the list:

1. I Wanna Hold Your Hand
2. A Day in the Life
3. Hey Jude
4. Eight Days a Week
5. A Hard Day's Night
6. Help!
7. Yesterday
8. In My Life
9. Eleanor Rigby
10. Strawberry Fields Forever

The People's Republic of Clogher
In no particular order -

You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
Hello Goodbye
Rain
Helter Skelter
Norwegian Wood
Michelle
Here Comes The Sun
Blackbird
The Fool On The Hill
Tomorrow Never Knows
Penny Lane
Something
You Never Give Me Your Money
A Day In The Life

I could go on and on...

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Originally Posted by Tacitus
I could go on and on...
Couldn't we all? Someday I think I try to narrow it down to a top ten but I'm not sure if that's possible.

Depends on the day, I suppose. I love nearly every song that they ever produced...even when Ringo sang. Personally, I thought Ringo had a pretty cool voice, but hell...that wasn't Ringo's job. But, without a doubt, Lennon's music will always be my favorite from a bunch of classic stuff.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Starcraft good in 97' good now
To many to count but here comes the sun is the best as well as in my life

Can we try with real bullets now?
Penny Lane-It never fails to put me in a good mood

When people ask me who my favorite Beatle is I break it down this way: musically John Lennon was the mastermind, but as a person it's gotta be good old Ringo. I love it when he Ringo sang myself. I think he's got one of the most charming voices in music.

Another underrated Beatles classic

"Run For Your Life" (Rubber Soul)

Only The Beatles could make a song about threatening to kill your girlfriend if she cheats on you this much fun. John's great voice takes the lead and blends so perfectly with Paul's adventerous soaring falsetto during the chorus. the music is minimalist or simplistic depending on your point of view but it features an early instance of George Harrison on slide guitar (an instrument he would master as time went on) and their best serving of riff rock since "Daytripper". This song in the predecessor to "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" in the vein of turning murder into a good time and from the bouncy acoustic strumming at the beginning to the na na na's at the end, you sure are in for one. But enough blabbering about it. It's one of those songs where it's hard to explain why it's so good. It just is. Ok?

Alright, it's truly painful to pick only ten songs out of The Beatles massive and entirely brilliant catalogue but here is my top ten, narrowed down, essential Beatles songs:

1. "In My Life"
2. "Sexy Sadie"
3. "Hey Jude"
4. "Rocky Raccoon"
5. "If I Needed Someone"
6. "Dig a Pony"
7. "She Came in through the Bathroom Window"
8. "Cry Baby Cry"
9. "Run for Your Life"
10. "From Me to You"

Starcraft good in 97' good now
easy choice here comes the sun

1. Something
2. Got to Get You Into My Life
3. Day In The Life
4. In My Life
5. The Ballad of John & Yoko
6. Norwegian Wood
7. Hey Jude
8. Dear Prudence
9. I'm Only Sleeping
10. Let It Be
11. Nowhere Man
12. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
13. Think For Yourself
14. Help!
15. Michelle
16. Rocky Racoon
17. Here Comes The Sun
18. Strawberry Fields Forever
19. For No One
20. Blackbird

Oh, what a bloody great thread.

While my Guitar Gently Weeps, Here Comes the Sun, Something, Taxman, Yesterday, Blackbird, In my Life, Strawberry Fields Forever, I am the Walrus are some of my favourites.

I couldn't possibly put fav's in order of preference. So in no particular order... (so many I had to add. Beatles are so good.)

Please, please me
Love me do
Do You want to Know a Secret
I want to Hold Your Hand
A Hard Day's Night
Can't Buy Me Love
I'll Follow The Sun
Eight Days A Week
Help
Yesterday
Nowhere Man
Eleanor Rigby
Yellow Submarine
Good Day, Sunshine
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
With A Little Help From My Friends
Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
When I'm Sixty -Four
I am The Walrus
Hello, Goodbye
Strawberry Fields Forever
Penny Lane
All You need is Love
Blackbird
All together Now
Hey Bulldog
Let It Be
Get Back
She Loves You
PaperBack Writer
Lady Madonna
Got To Get You Into My Life
The Fool on the Hill
Come Together

Edit: Working Class Hero (oopsie!)

Originally Posted by Revenant
Working Class Hero
Not to be a pain but this is from John Lennon's solo career so it doesn't count as a Beatles song. it's on Plastic Ono Band which strays about as far from The Beatles as he could have gotten. Great song anyway though.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Just wanted to mention the possibly best B-side ever released: "Rain". What I think is significant of the greatness of Paul McCartney is the way he seems to have given all of his focus and attention in many of John's songs as well. Just listen to the bass playing in "Rain". Great stuff.... Fantastic song....

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Just a girl who loves movies
My only favourite Beatles song is "hey Jude". Still I think the second part is too redundant .. just repeating the chorus. I am more into 'complex' music, so Beatles were never my pick

Originally Posted by dojo
I am more into 'complex' music, so Beatles were never my pick
You must not have dug too deeply into their catalogue. It seems hard to say The White Album, Sargeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and Abbey Road aren't at least a little complex.

So what are you into (in terms of complex music)?