Serenity

→ in
Tools    

Serenity was a great movie. A testament to Joss Whedon's brilliance. It's a cross genre film. It mixes different film genre without being complicated or confusing. The story was executed brilliantly. I strongly recomend this film. It's truely a fun movie. That greatly deserves its cult following.

Originally Posted by MeTaPhOr
Serenity was a great movie. A testament to Joss Whedon's brilliance. It's a cross genre film. It mixes different film genre without being complicated or confusing. The story was executed brilliantly. I strongly recomend this film. It's truely a fun movie. That greatly deserves its cult following.
I'm surprised there aren't more posts about Serenity. I thought it was a very good example of the genre. I haven't seen much of the tv series but thoroughly enjoyed the movie. The River character made the movie. Young girl as sensitive/psycho/killing machine works for me.

The last 30 minutes really delivered. Joss Whedon (I think his name is) took a cast without big stars and a relatively low budget and made a very enjoyable film.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Twain
I'm surprised there aren't more posts about Serenity. I thought it was a very good example of the genre. I haven't seen much of the tv series but thoroughly enjoyed the movie. The River character made the movie. Young girl as sensitive/psycho/killing machine works for me.

The last 30 minutes really delivered. Joss Whedon (I think his name is) took a cast without big stars and a relatively low budget and made a very enjoyable film.
There are more posts, this guy created a dupe thread, without searching the forums for an active Serenity thread. Please use search in the future before creating threads.

Serenity

Originally Posted by Sedai
There are more posts, this guy created a dupe thread, without searching the forums for an active Serenity thread. Please use search in the future before creating threads.

Serenity
Ok thanks. I just registered last night so I may make a few mistakes before I catch on. But I do see quite a few movies and I love movies so I hope everyone will be patient.

just saw today i know its a bit old now but its realy awesome thats realy all i reccomend it but watch firefly 1st

Registered Creature
It is awesome. I saw Serenity before Firefly. And yes, I know Firefly comes before.

Haven't seen Firefly in the longest time though. I think I'll watch it sometime next week.

One might even say it "Rocked Ass Balls!.

Or not.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Gravedigging! Serenity is awesome. Loved this Movie alot. Wish there was a sequel though.

The writing in Firefly/Serenity was top notch. I loved the fact that the characters weren't very nice to each other, they all had flaws, made mistakes, were greedy/vengeful/etc.

Outstanding stuff.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Both Serenity and Firefly are glorious dvds in my collection. I think both are amazing

Serenity is a sci-fi movie released by Joss Whedon in 2005. This film concludes the serie called « Firefly ».

WARNING: "Serenity" spoilers below
The story takes place in 2517, the humans have fled the Earth and live on others planets. A totalitarian government called the « Alliance » has an absolute power over the people. Malcolm Reynolds, a veteran of the war againts the Alliance, is the captain of the spaceship « Serenity ». Simon Tam and River, a young men and his sister, found refuge aboard his spaceship. They are wanted by an agent of the Alliance because River has the gift of telepathy and she knows something very important.

Malcolm Reynolds decides to make a hold-up by involving River… And the hold-up goes wrong. The « Rapiners » attack the city where they are and start a massacre. They narrowly escape and in the next stopover, the agent of the Alliance recovers River’s trace. They must flee. But through the power of River Tam, Malcolm and his team discover the existence of a mysterious planet called Miranda, who harbors a terrible secret about the Alliance.

I really enjoyed this movie. In my opinion, Nathan Fillion is a marvelous actor. Characters have a real personality and there is a good dynamic between them. Some scenes are funny. And the plot is interesting and gripping. I recommend this movie.

A system of cells interlinked
Thanks for your thoughts on Serenity. I have added spoiler tags to the information that revealed any plot details or twists.