Movie Tab II

Tools    

I am having a nervous breakdance
Yeah, thats why I don't really like it very much. I mean it's a good action film, completely over the top and ridiculous, but the moment one character spat out "freedom isn't free," the film lost me.
He, he... Yeah well I expected it to be like this so I was just enjoying it. It was like a satire almost. And all the ultra violence was great fun. But I wonder if it's meant to be a support of the war in Iraq or if that's just a coincident.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Welcome to the human race...
The Persians are a metaphor for Americans :P

True Romance - 8/10

A system of cells interlinked
Inland Empire (Lynch, 2006)

Donnie Darko (Kelly, 2001)

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Diner (1982) 4/5

Another good film. A drunken Kevin Bacon trashing the nativity scene dressed only in underpants was a definite highlight.

1408 (2007, Mikael Håfström)
The cynic John Cusack goes through a haunting psychological trauma trip in a very good, solid performance. A decent script is handled well, which places this genuinely frightening film in the better half of Stephen King adaptations.

Are you effing' kidding me? WHY?

Kung Pow! Enter The Fist

This is a sad post. I used to think this movie was hilarious. Not no mo'. That's not entirely true... some of the characters lines are funny.

"From now on you will call me, Betty." Hahahahaha.

Blade Runner

Holden! I am angry about this movie too. I used to think this was one of the most boring pieces of crap around, but I put it in and was sucked in. The whole thing is damned perfect. The way it moves around from place to place at this steady pace is amazing and puts you in a trance.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

The Bourne Ultimatium (2007, Paul Greengrass)
They just keep gettin' better, don't they? Jason Bourne is unstoppable, yet manages to be very beliveable. This is the culmination of perhaps the best trilogy of the century. Great stuff.

The Searchers (John Ford, 1956)
It was alright. I love Westerns, just not these kinds of Westerns. I've never really been into John Wayne that much anyway.

The One(James Wong 2002)-I needed to watch it although I know its a crap(but a well made crap)

Sin City(Robert Rodriguez 2005)-Now this one I can watch over and over again probably the best comic book movie ever made the inner voice over narrations of the characters

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Adam's Rib (1949) 3.5/5

Well made and reasonably entertaining, but proof it were needed that comedy doesn't date as well as drama. Although I do have 'Farewell Amanda' stuck in my head now...