Movie Tab II

Tools    

thanks

So, I've managed to get some negative rep for my comment about Clint Eastwood's, Letters From Iwo Jima. I get it: I deserved those negative reps. Now, can someone tell me, am I wrong? Does this movie sympathize with those communists? Please no more negative rep, I'm actually curious. I read the back of the box when I was looking for a movie to rent and I got pissed off. Correct me if I'm wrong so I don't sound like a super-dumbass.

I've accepted the fact that I'm a regular dumbass but there's no need to willingly venture into super-land.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Are you darned serious? This enemy lovin' film is good. DANRED IT TO HELL! Now I'm tempted to see it. I've really liked the rest of C. Eastwood's films but when I found out this was some enemy-sympathizing film I wanted to beat the crap out of Mr. Eastwood. This is quite the pickle, QUITE THE PICKLE MY FRIEND!

But seriously, would you recommend it to someone that would be willing to punch Clint E. in the earlobe for making a movie that says, "boo-hoo" for a past enemy?
He he...

Seriously? No, I probably wouldn't. Seriously, that is.....

So, I've managed to get some negative rep for my comment about Clint Eastwood's, Letters From Iwo Jima. I get it: I deserved those negative reps. Now, can someone tell me, am I wrong? Does this movie sympathize with those communists? Please no more negative rep, I'm actually curious. I read the back of the box when I was looking for a movie to rent and I got pissed off. Correct me if I'm wrong so I don't sound like a super-dumbass.

I've accepted the fact that I'm a regular dumbass but there's no need to willingly venture into super-land.
You poor thing... I didn't do it though....

....and I don't think the Japanese were too fond of communists themselves.... Ask the Chinese....

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

A system of cells interlinked
Little Children (Field, 2006)

Excellent...

Ratatouille - awesome. I'm really glad Pixar can still make excellent movies after the transition from Jobs.

Transformers - I enjoyed it. Thought they did the action scenes and transformations really well, everything else was just noise and not too obnoxious. Liked it better than Spider Man 3 and Pirates 3, the other recent blockbusters.

Green Snake - disappointing. Could have been great, some of Tsui's movies have greater ambitions than they can achieve but still turn out interesting, this one didn't. The first few minutes are really good, and the over the top color filters are wonderfully appropriate to the story (about untethered sensation), but the motion and wire work in this is too ungraceful and I think that's what killed it.

Ravenous

What a flippin' amazing film. "That is so annoying!" Hahahahaha. What about that shot with the two main characters on each side of the screen with the flag in the middle background combined with the speech about giving in and living off the blood of others - I finally got it. I've seen this movie a couple of times and it's better every time. This also has one of the best scores, EVER!

SEE THIS MOVIE!

I have really wanted to see that. I have the soundtrack, and it is great. That alone makes me want to see it, but your endorsement makes it sound even better.

I have really wanted to see that. I have the soundtrack, and it is great. That alone makes me want to see it, but your endorsement makes it sound even better.
Just wait until you see how they use the range of music in the film. It's awesome. There's even commentary with the director and composer.

Black Hawk Down - I was bored in the beginning and almost fell asleep. Jason kept poking me so I woke up. It got better for me once they started shooting their guns. The bloodshed level was good for me. The action was good. I never read the book so I'm not sure how this compares. Leaving any bias' at the door - 'twas alright. 3/5

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix -

I was actually really impressed with this film and i felt that the film was finally in the hands of someone who knew what to do with it. The whole film had a different feel to it, the camera techniques were better and the special effects knocked seven shades of ***** out of the previous films.

Acting wise Daniel Radcliffe has become a very impressive performer with Rupert Grint coming a close second. Emma Watson still overacting for the most part but newcomer Evanna Lynch blew the Ron and Hermione right out of the water as the coolly eccentric Luna Lovegood.

Imelda Staunton was absolutely perfect as Umbridge, she does a little giggle at the end of some of her sentences that just made me hate the character but love Imelda.

I loved Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix Lestrange but i don't think enough was made of this character. She's one of the chief death eaters and she's evil through and through and i think there was something that could have been done with that.

Even though those of us who have read all the books so far know certain things about him, i still love Snape - just to watch Alan Rickman do his thang is brilliant.

Perhaps I'm being pedantic but there are certain things about this film that really quite got on my nerves because they could have been easily rectified. E.g. Harry isn't supposed to be able to cast a spell without saying the words like more abled wizards - in the books this is a big problem for harry, yet in the battle part of the film he can do it easily.

On the whole this by far he best film of the series and i thoroughly enjoyed it.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Ravenous

What a flippin' amazing film. "That is so annoying!" Hahahahaha. What about that shot with the two main characters on each side of the screen with the flag in the middle background combined with the speech about giving in and living off the blood of others - I finally got it. I've seen this movie a couple of times and it's better every time. This also has one of the best scores, EVER!

SEE THIS MOVIE!
I think Ravenous and American Psycho are two vastly under-seen and vastly under-appreciated films. Glad you like the former as much as you do (especially the score, which I also think is one of the best film compositions ever). Now, if you're not a fan of the latter, go get it now. American Psycho is an absolute favorite [I think it is a masterpiece] of mine and I have a feeling you'll laugh with it just as much as I do.

(yes, I realize I just made a connection that had seemingly nothing to do with Ravenous. They're just both flicks I always try to push on people.)

I think Ravenous and American Psycho are two vastly under-seen and vastly under-appreciated films. Glad you like the former as much as you do (especially the score, which I also think is one of the best film compositions ever). Now, if you're not a fan of the latter, go get it now. American Psycho is an absolute favorite [I think it is a masterpiece] of mine and I have a feeling you'll laugh with it just as much as I do.

(yes, I realize I just made a connection that had seemingly nothing to do with Ravenous. They're just both flicks I always try to push on people.)
American Psycho is hilarious. He drops a chainsaw onto someone!

Glory (1989, Edward Zwick) - I don't really like this genre but I gotta say, I enjoyed it! This is the best war movie I have ever seen.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Glory (1989, Edward Zwick) - I don't really like this genre but I gotta say, I enjoyed it! This is the best war movie I have ever seen.

I kind of like it too, but was Broderick really the right guy for that part?

Morgan and Denzel were great though!