A forgotten title, a beautiful documentary about hobo's

Tools    

hi,

I am looking for the title of a beautiful documentary about hobo's, tramps and freight-hoppers in america. i am sure it was made during the late 90's or early 2000's and it depicts the same time period. the movie contained various cinematic techniques and moved from black & white to color footage. it focused around various hobo's characters and their lives. I remember for sure there was this older guy who referred to himself as a Vietnam veteran, but at the end it seems it's not the case for sure. I also think i remember this crusty-punk young couple featured.

I know for sure its not the film "Catching Out".

your help will be much appreciated,

Ran

Could it be The American Hobo (2003) ... I ran across a clip from it a while back and am interested in seeing all of it... here's the clip:

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

thank's but that's not it

I started reading your post and immediately thought of that brilliant documentary Dark Days about homeless people living in NY subway tunnels. Have you seen that one Caity? it's very good. Sorry Ran, that's not what you're looking for but I'll have a think about your question. Are you sure it's a film not a tv programme?

hi,

i'm pretty sure it's "Long Gone", thank you!

A forgotten title, a beautiful documentary about hobo's
About the hobo's what? Or did you just mean the plural of hobo, which requires no apostrophe?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

hobo's souls that is.