Thoughts on "Donnie Darko"

→ in
Tools    

This is one of the best movies I've ever seen and I just wanted your thoughts on the possible meanings of the film and what exactly happened.

This movie much impressed me.
I had never heard of it before, and when two customers were fighting over it in my store one day ( I work in a vid store) I solved the problem by renting it myself

I was suprised with the lack of advertising for this film as it has Drew Barrymore in it as well as Noah Wylie. In fact Drew liked the film so much she released it on her own label FLOWER FILMS when the major companies wouldnt touch it... **GO DREW**

Although it is a smidge hard to follow (my hubby didnt get it AT ALL) I found it plausable. A sci-fi film with underlying meanings such as the meaning of life and love...

If you liked the movie, you'll LOVE the site.

http://www.donniedarko.com/

The Adventure Starts Here!
Omigosh, this web site is awesome. Now you made me want to go find this movie, but I'll have to wait till tomorrow!

I've never heard of this thing before, but that web site is the most cleverly designed thing I've ever seen, and I'm only at Level 2.

Linda
(still amazed)

Originally posted by Austruck
Omigosh, this web site is awesome. Now you made me want to go find this movie, but I'll have to wait till tomorrow!
Well head to your nearest video store & check the new release wall and IF they have it there will be one maybe two copies. Like I said not a BIG movie, but definately worth the change to see it.

I just find it amazing that so many names I know are in this movie and yet I've never heard of it.

I will see what I can find at the Hollywood Video this week for sure....Once that web site stops giving me the creeps. LOL....

Nice, though. Amazingly nice site.

Linda

P.S. Since I haven't seen it yet, please be sure not to post any spoilers about the ending here, unless you do that little thing to cover them up, which I don't remember how to do. I think Yoda (moderator here) should put the instructions on how to post spoilers right here in the Reply Window.

'twas a great movie.. but it wasn't exactly extremely hard to figure out. The director tried to act to Lynchian for my liking, but all in all it was a terrific movie.

SPOILER!!!!

It's relativaly about a kid, with severe emotional problems who in state is told by a big "evil" rabbit that the world is going to end on a specific date in time. This bunny tells him to do things from a poem read by one of his teachers. He begins to see abyss-like formations in the air, until he realizes it has something to do with time travel, and when he realizes he has the ability to go back in time he goes back to the time when the jet engine fell through his window, therefore killing him and ending all the problems of his life, the emotional problems and such.. but to make the time travel work he needs to use a plane or spaceship of some kind, so he uses the plane that his mother and little daughter were on, causing the plane to lose the jet engine that falls into his bedroom that ultimatly kills him.. that's where the Lynchian wannabe takes full effect.

Richard Kelly who both directed and wrote the film has said many times he's a huge Lynch fan and wanted to make that type of film.. It would have been better if it didn't reek of too much "I wanna be like Lynch"