Robin Hood

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I really have no interest in seeing this flick.

Suspect's Reviews

Ridley Scott says Robin Hood may get a sequel

In an interview with The Times Robin Hood director Ridley Scott spoke about the film alongside Russell Crowe. They touch upon one of the original drafts of the script when the film was called Nottingham with Robin Hood as the villain and the sheriff as a well-meaning public servant. Crowe said “it kind of read like CSI: Sherwood Forest” to him, and they decided to delay production to work on the script.

One interesting section that’s worth a mention is when Ridley Scott talks about the film as an origins story, and that there may be potential for a sequel.

Theirs is an origins tale (think Batman Begins), carrying Robin up until the point that he is outlawed. “It is the beginnings of how the man becomes known as Robin the Hood,” explains Scott. “You don’t really get that until the last few minutes. When you realise that ‘Ah, this is who he is’.” Scott smiles. “Let’s say we might presume there’s a sequel.” (Again, think Batman Begins, which launched a monster franchise). “Honestly, I thought why not have the potential for a sequel, particularly if it is a genre that you absolutely love and has never been fully explored? If there were to be a sequel to Robin Hood, you would have a constant enemy throughout, King John, and you would follow his reign of 17 years, and the signing of Magna Carta could be Robin’s final act.”
Robin Hood will be released on May 14th so we’ll find out if Scott’s ideas for a sequel could become a reality. Although Iron Man 2 will be released a week before Hood and could eat into its box office takings slightly, so we’ll have to wait and see.

Source: Filmonic

I'm sure they are going to start advertising it based on the economy somehow,

Robin Hood needs to take on Madoff etc. etc.

I'm sure they are going to start advertising it based on the economy somehow,

Robin Hood needs to take on Madoff etc. etc.

Quoting myself, narcissist? hahah but I answered my question, this is interesting, I was checking out a viral site contest for the flick,

Basically you nominate yourself for any charity work and then you get a profile that you pimp and you can win 40,000 g's for a charity and yourself split

from this I can tell that they are not including any ambiguous elements of robin being antagonist/protagonist from Nottingham, I think this is for the best, but at the same time, Nottingham in it's original form interested me (also this makes me wish I did charity work, lol)

Another New Robin Hood Trailer Three Days Before Release

Getting a bit desperate, Universal? Who releases an entirely new trailer for a big summer movie due out later that week? Maybe it's all those mixed-to-negative reviews that Ridley Scott's Robin Hood has been getting from screenings over the last week or so. Or the knowledge that the movie ends right when the real tale of Robin Hood is supposed to begin? Anyway, yes there is a brand frickin' new trailer for Robin Hood which you can watch via Hulu below (that means only US viewers). Enjoy!

Robin Hood follows Robin (Russell Crowe) from his early days in King Richard's army to his return to Nottingham to his creation of a band of mercenaries who challenge the sheriff and eventually try to prevent civil war.

Robin Hood is directed by British filmmaker Ridley Scott, of many classics like Alien, Blade Runner, Black Rain, G.I. Jane, Gladiator, Hannibal, Black Hawk Down, American Gangster, and many more. The script is written by Oscar winner Brian Helgeland, of L.A. Confidential, Conspiracy Theory, Mystic River, Man on Fire, Green Zone, and more. Universal is bringing Robin Hood to theaters starting on May 14th this week.

Source: First Showing

[size="3"]

Robin Hood is directed by British filmmaker Ridley Scott, of many classics like Alien, Blade Runner, Black Rain, G.I. Jane, Gladiator, Hannibal, Black Hawk Down, American Gangster
Shouldn't that read "Classics like Alien, Blade Runner and turgidly average films such as G.I. Jane, Gladiator, Hannibal, Black Hawk Down and American Gangster."?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
No. Sorry, too, to Tacitus... you forgot Black Rain, and somebody else forgot The Duellists, Thelma & Louise, Legend, Kingdom of Heaven and Matchstick Men. Sorry again. I'm an apologista!!

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im looking forward to seeing this movie

I like the majority of Ridley Scott films... and am looking forward to Robin Hood... regardless to what the critics or HK say...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Disregard HK at your peril.... OK, maybe not at your peril, but seriously, this is going to suck. There are no good Robin Hood films. None that I can think of anyway.