2000s
8.70%
4 votes
2010s
15.22%
7 votes
Something else (specify in thread)
46 votes. You may not vote on this poll

That's an interesting point. I don't know if LOTR would or wouldn't be considered War? I guess that's up to the host I'd vote no myself, as it's a fictional war and there's enough real war based movies to go around.
It is true Lord of the Rings is based on and is a metaphor for WWI.

Also what about Cold War films...would we count those

Moreover... considering that LOTR is actually a war movie too ▷ you know... there is a War Countdown people talking about
I would consider LOTR more as a fantasy and adventure movie, besides they already got their win in a countdown lol

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

I think to make something like this easy, just focus on the dominating genre of the movie.
Exactly, like Die Hard is an action movie, same for Terminator but some say it can be Horror also umm it's more of an action movie ppl lol.

You bastards! Fantasy?

I stated that I’ve been in the last three countdowns since joining. Each time, I had the same #1. Now you will force my hand in going 4 for4.

Grumble, grumble…

😉

I think to make something like this easy, just focus on the dominating genre of the movie.
i sure hope that doesn't mean only on the battlefield sh*t because i'd be submitting a list of 3 films if that were the case lmao.

i sure hope that doesn't mean only on the battlefield sh*t because i'd be submitting a list of 3 films if that were the case lmao.
It seems like what happens with these countdowns is we get people who want to argue eligibility just to squeeze their favorites in. I love Stripes, and someone could make an argument that it's eligible for a war countdown, but everyone knows it's a comedy.

It seems like what happens with these countdowns is we get people who want to argue eligibility just to squeeze their favorites in. I love Stripes, and someone could make an argument that it's eligible for a war countdown, but everyone knows it's a comedy.
Good point. Though there are war comedies I'm sure, but Stripes is about people who join the military not about a war, unless I'm remembering it wrong.

You just got to ignore those people and if they don't like it then they can just leave the thread it's simple.

Your right about about needing focus on the dominating genre of the movie. Also, not thinking about the other genre elements put in it which is where some people mess up on.

I love Stripes, and someone could make an argument that it's eligible for a war countdown, but everyone knows it's a comedy.
If enough MoFos think it should be on the list that it scores enough points to place, it should be there IMO. I wouldn’t vote for it in any countdown, including comedy, but wouldn’t object to its inclusion.

Would I object Infinity Wars and LOTR on a war countdown? I think I would.
Avengers infinity war you mean?? if so, nah more of an action and nah keep LOTR out of the war countdown they already won a countdown thread, we don't need it being number one once again

What about World War Z, I mean it does have war in the title
You can put Star Wars on that pedestal also not even close to a war movie

You can put Star Wars on that pedestal also not even close to a war movie
Ha, good one!

Well, maybe I changed my mind. When I looked up my highest rated War film it gives me Casablanca.
That's a war film, it's all about people in hiding or dealing with the Nazi occupation of Europe and North Africa. The outfall of WWII is what drives the movie.