Turns against their own.

Tools    

I'm trying to compile another list I would like help with. I'm going to think harder then on the other lists I posted today. I'm making a list of action movies where the main character was a part of an organization or a group that has special training, equipment, abilities, or existence as a different species other than humans. Then they disassociate themselves from them. They also either oppose the group or someone from the group. And they are better than most of them at what they do.

I want it to be combat or violence related. Not like a law firm that they leave and have to try to take down.

I also prefer that it's live action.

They need to be the main character or one of the very main ones. And it has to be on the protagonist side. Not the main antagonist that follows that description.

Please indicate the group they are turning on just to be clear.

They either have to hate the group they left or simply not want to be part of them ever again. It can't just be a temporary disassociation where they would gladly rejoin them if they offered.

Here's what I got...

Equilibrium (tetragrammaton)
Batman Begins (League of Shadows)
Blown Away (IRA)
Blade (Vampires)
Underworld (Vampires)
I Robot (Robots)
Soldier (Army)

Some of these are on the cusp, but in a way Schindler's List (1993) had this element as Oscar Schindler turned on the Nazi party of which he was a member (his own comrades, countrymen, clients, supporters and people who made him rich) to defy their "Final Solution" by covertly rescuing Jews and sabotaging efforts at producing the Third Reich's weapons.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Cell 211, The Last Samurai, Dances With Wolves, and Blood Diamond.

Valkyrie (2008) - about the Nazi officer who turned against the Nazis and attempted to assassinate Hitler.
This is definitely one.

Though for the purposes I want this list which is research for writing a story. I would also like some plot example movies where the person does a bit more actual action fighting against their former group than committing a conspiracy assassination.

I forgot to mention that part. But you are on the right track. thank you.

Cell 211, The Last Samurai, Dances With Wolves, and Blood Diamond.
I've seen the Last Samurai and Dances with Wolves but I haven't seen the other two yet so now I got to try them.

It's funny because I was thinking of The Last Samurai in one of my other post about creating a list with an hours of this one but I didn't think of it to add to this list. Maybe because I used it as an example of something that didn't work out on the other list but on this one that works perfectly.

Valkyrie (2008) - about the Nazi officer who turned against the Nazis and attempted to assassinate Hitler.
This is definitely one.

Though for the purposes I want this list which is research for writing a story. I would also like some plot example movies where the person does a bit more actual action fighting against their former group than committing a conspiracy assassination.

I forgot to mention that part. But you are on the right track. thank you.

Actually I haven't seen Valkyrie but I have seen documentaries on the incident it is based on. And in that The. Main conspirator who is the main character in the movie doesn't get to take down a bunch of his fellow Nazis but maybe in the movie he got caught and had to shoot some before they finally got the best of him?

I still think it would have worked out not too shabby if him and his conspirators simply lock the door and some of them hit the ground after some other ones entered the room and mow down everyone else at the table especially Hitler. Then the conspirators together can make up a story of what happened.

I don't know I'm thinking of so many more things that could have worked out better than a suitcase bomb. Maybe I give a bad example but I didn't really put much thought into it just now hahaha

Mission: Impossible (IMF)
The Bourne Identity (CIA)
Clear and Present Danger (US government)
John Wick 3
Great examples although a couple of them doesn't work quite out right for this part... Mission Impossible and Clear and Present Danger. Where it's only a temporary disassociation.

They either have to hate the group they left or simply not want to be part of them ever again. It can't just be a temporary disassociation where they would gladly rejoin them if they offered.
But you are definitely on the right track. Bourne Identity works. I haven't seen any of the John Wicks so they do look good and I keep forgetting to get around to seeing them. I sure have to now though ☺

Alec Trevelyan in GoldenEye
Oh yeah I really like that one. it has to be on the protagonist side. Not the main antagonist that follows that description.

But this can still be helpful for a bit inspiration for the writing I'm going to do using this list for ideas.

Sean Beans' character and how he interacts with the rest of the plot is pretty good in this.

The Hunt for Red October comes to mind.
Yes that's one of my favorite movies. That works out. Originally I was thinking they turn against their own kind intro they can take down the people that have posed with their person-to-person skills but thinking of this movie and how masterfully he owns the Soviet Fleet with underwater Naval Warfare it's pretty cool too. Maybe I'll include watercraft, aircraft, or spacecraft warfare turning against their own kind in the story I'm writing that I wanted to use this list for inspiration for.

Everyone that's been helping me on this thread. Thank you so far and also you may want to note that I have at least a few other lists that I'm also trying to compile on other threads that are just as fun as this one.