who should be the new James Bond?

Tools    

May The Forks be With Us
what about eric bana. i think he could do it. he might have to take charm lessons but i think he would be great but as in my previous post it is going to be Orlando Bloom in College years which i heard a www.comingsoon.net trust me on this. they know every thing.

"Snozberries taste like snozberries"

Originally Posted by Django
I still say "Bring back Timothy Dalton!" Mainly because the two Bond movies that he made are, in my opinion, the best Bond movies I've seen. They are totally gritty, realistic and very believable... Dalton took Bond to a whole new level. [/i].
How can u think of yourself as a Bond fan or even just a fan of Dalton if u dont know how many movies he did? Dalton made 3 movies not 2
1The Living daylights
2You only Live Twice
3Licence to Kill
Only seen the third mainly b/c I'm not a fan of Dalton my ranks of the actors are... 1st Brosnan 2nd Connery 3rd Moore and didnt much care for either Dalton or Lazenby. My main concern for the new Bond is that they choose someone I can bear, someone who doesnt kill the series. If they get someone horrible like Orlando Bloom or something I wont see it. I will concider Die Another Day the last real Bond movie I already conider The World is Not Enough the last genuine Bond movie sincit was the last to feature "Q". But if they get Someone who isnt even on the radar of portraying Bond I will concider Die Another Day the last one

Originally Posted by Revenant
Names I would put are Sean Bean for an older Bond, although Clive Owen and Rufus Sewell are both growing on me, and I have yet to decided on who I would pick as a younger Bond.
No, this would never do. Once u have been a Bond villain u cant be 007 himself. If this were to happen As u watched it all u would see in your mind is Alec Trevelyan u would not actually see James Bond. So, this would never do

Originally Posted by shardsofbrokenglass
How can u think of yourself as a Bond fan or even just a fan of Dalton if u dont know how many movies he did? Dalton made 3 movies not 2
1The Living daylights
2You only Live Twice
3Licence to Kill
Only seen the third mainly b/c I'm not a fan of Dalton my ranks of the actors are... 1st Brosnan 2nd Connery 3rd Moore and didnt much care for either Dalton or Lazenby. My main concern for the new Bond is that they choose someone I can bear, someone who doesnt kill the series. If they get someone horrible like Orlando Bloom or something I wont see it. I will concider Die Another Day the last real Bond movie I already conider The World is Not Enough the last genuine Bond movie sincit was the last to feature "Q". But if they get Someone who isnt even on the radar of portraying Bond I will concider Die Another Day the last one

OK, the red dots by someones name are bad things. Django has 4. If you stick around you will learn, as am i, that Django was (is~?) a prick.

Now, onto a reply to your post. Dalton and Lazenby both had thier merits.OHMSS (Lazenby) contained a genuinely emotional conclusion, unlike any other Bond. Personally, i dont think this would have worked as well with a frequent Bond actor as seeing him in the play Bond in subsequent films, completely neglecting his lost wife would detract from that ending.
License To Kill was by far the darkest in the series and Dalton played it well. The Living Daylights wasn't great but still better than Diamonds Are Forever or Moonraker.
Now, i have decided you are an idiot since you made a clear point in saying Dalton made 3 movies instead of 2, and critized someone (even if it was Django) for correctly saying he starred in 2.
Now your mistake was saying You Only Live Twice starred Dalton, he was 21 when it was made. Sean Connery played Bond.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
OK, the red dots by someones name are bad things. Django has 4. If you stick around you will learn, as am i, that Django was (is~?) a prick.

Now, onto a reply to your post. Dalton and Lazenby both had thier merits.OHMSS (Lazenby) contained a genuinely emotional conclusion, unlike any other Bond. Personally, i dont think this would have worked as well with a frequent Bond actor as seeing him in the play Bond in subsequent films, completely neglecting his lost wife would detract from that ending.
License To Kill was by far the darkest in the series and Dalton played it well. The Living Daylights wasn't great but still better than Diamonds Are Forever or Moonraker.
Now, i have decided you are an idiot since you made a clear point in saying Dalton made 3 movies instead of 2, and critized someone (even if it was Django) for correctly saying he starred in 2.
Now your mistake was saying You Only Live Twice starred Dalton, he was 21 when it was made. Sean Connery played Bond.
I appoligise(reluctantly), Thankyou for your correction. But as I said I had never seen YOLT and I did not check my facts so I post what I thought I remembered which, in retrospect, wasnt such a good idea.

Now I agree I must look somewhat like an idiot(If not completely) but I assure u I will rarely make such a mistake if ever so please dont make such a harsh judgement on an isolated incident

The People's Republic of Clogher
We could have Graham Norton...

...Irish accent, suits, sense of humour.

Or, taking the accent+suit+humour equation as a starting point:

Gerry Sadowitz...

or, substituting humour for real life espionage experience...

Fidel Castro (with il Papa as Q).

I hope you can't tell that I couldn't care less about the new Bond, but hey, my opinions count too.

Originally Posted by shardsofbrokenglass
I appoligise(reluctantly), Thankyou for your correction. But as I said I had never seen YOLT and I did not check my facts so I post what I thought I remembered which, in retrospect, wasnt such a good idea.

Now I agree I must look somewhat like an idiot(If not completely) but I assure u I will rarely make such a mistake if ever so please dont make such a harsh judgement on an isolated incident
Sory, it was a bit harsh, but all those hyper links kept messing up and i was getting frustrated, not too mention the wine

Ted Allen from Queer eye for the straight guy!!!!!!!!!!

Ted Allen for prez

Hugh Jackman has the tools to do a good job

Back in november there were rumours that Ewan Mcgregor was up for the part. Here

Randomly visiting for now
I like Clive Owen as a Bond but Orlando Bloom just annoys me way to much for me to accept as a Bond (looks never outweigh acting). Perhaps Hugh Jackman would be ok acting wise and may even pull off the accent but isn't there just something too rugged about him. He doesn't quite have the suave nature that Bond must have for all the corny jokes and innuendoes to work properly .

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Hugh Jackman has the tools to do a good job
I could see that, but I think Daniel Craig might work!

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I think a trans actor should be the new James Bond
Not sure if you were being satirical or not. The Crying Game is a great, great movie. However it is not James Bond. Henry Cavill would be a great Bond.

I think the casting decision has to work backwards from the kind of Bond they're going to great next. Craig was a good choice because they rebooted the character as tougher and more physical. From there you can change over time, but whether they're going with a brawler, a charmer, or a suave cartoon like some of the other versions, they'll want very different people for each of those choices.

In other words, duh, screenplay first.

I really don't want a race/gender swap with Bond...not after how bad Doctor Who was. For me Richard Madden (Game of Thrones) proved he's the ideal James Bond

And the new direction they should go is period pieces in the 1950's. You could have some really solid villains with Dev Patel (India), Alexander Skarsgard (Russia) and Simu Lui (China). Tell the complicated stories from history instead of just doing what everyone else does.

I agree with Yoda. Who they choose depends on their vision for the character and the type of character they'd like Bond to be in the next iteration of the series. I would have liked to see Idris Elba do it. I quite like his series Luther. He has both the suave and sophistication required, and his looks and physicality fit the role. He also has the hard edge that someone like Connery had. A lot of people would have been happy to see a minority assume the role as well, but at 50 years old, he is simply too old now. They aren't looking for someone to be Bond for two or three movies. I think they want someone for 10-15 years, and Elba wouldn't be able to convincingly do that. Additionally, I think Elba is a pretty decent actor, and his career could go in many different directions, so his career may not fully benefit from being type cast by inhabiting the Bond persona on a serialized basis.