Movies people can't dislike without losing your respect

Tools    

I'd seriously consider slipping out the back on someone who didn't like The Princess Bride. Not saying they're the devil, just that we would not be compatible. And they're the devil.
Is it at all coincidental in your mind that I don't like that movie?

The People's Republic of Clogher
I'd seriously consider slipping out the back on someone
Now that's a euphemism I've not heard in a while...

i got so much dislike in the industry that i have to kill a mosquito everytime a bad film will be praised by critics

You're a Genius all the time
I don't know if this belongs in a seperate "Movies people must dislike or risk losing your respect" thread but I'm just gonna throw it in here anyway. I went on a date with this adorable girl who laughed way too much during Epic Movie. ******* movie snob that I am, I would never normally subject myself to something like Epic Movie, but she had wanted to see it so whatever. Of course it was painfuly unfunny and really just embarassing. Two cringe-fulled hours later she actually tried to convince me we had just watched some kind of comedic masterpiece. I almost threw up in my mouth. I drove her home and I haven't talked to her since.

I probably have to go with me you and everyone we know only because it's so odd. Movies that are so real, yet disturbing appeal to me, and anyone who can conversate about things like that catches me so someone that couldn't hold an intellegent conversation about the twists of a simple movie, I wouldn't really have interest in.

I don't know if this belongs in a seperate "Movies people must dislike or risk losing your respect" thread but I'm just gonna throw it in here anyway. I went on a date with this adorable girl who laughed way too much during Epic Movie. ******* movie snob that I am, I would never normally subject myself to something like Epic Movie, but she had wanted to see it so whatever. Of course it was painfuly unfunny and really just embarassing. Two cringe-fulled hours later she actually tried to convince me we had just watched some kind of comedic masterpiece. I almost threw up in my mouth. I drove her home and I haven't talked to her since.

Ahaha, how terrible.

Dumb & Dumber - If you try to deny the humor in that movie, you're trying too hard.

"You're gonna' be my best man, Hare'"
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I don't base who I like or don't like on what movies they enjoy. I have unique tastes in most things. I'm not going to limit myself or the people in my life that way.

I don't base who I like or don't like on what movies they enjoy. I have unique tastes in most things. I'm not going to limit myself or the people in my life that way.
I think this thread is basically a tongue in cheek thread

For me it's this thing where if you really want to know who I am then you should either listen to the music I like or the watch the movies I'm in to. So if I was on date with a girl and she told me she couldn't she didn't get the humor in "The Cable Guy" or was so off put by the amount of violence in "Pulp Fiction" that she couldn't appreciate the story then I'd be hesitant to go on a second date(damn run-on sentence).

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Godfather - i have a bad habit of saying (with malteasers stuffed in my cheeks) 'You come to me on the day of my daughters wedding...'

If they don't Tim Burton, thats also an issue.
And they have to like but must be able to tolerate musicals as not only do i watch a lot but i sing them too.

I do actually clash with my wife on certain choices. she's much more into lightweight films like 'Jewel of the Nile' and other easy viewing. I'm the total opposite although I can tolerate those types of films because it's sort of necessary when you're married

I think though if I was on a date and things were going really really well and we got talking movies and she said she absolutely hated Scorsese that would be a problem.

How could you hate him???!!!!

I agree with Casablanca and Singin in the Rain.

I'd also add Raiders of the Lost Ark, Some Like it Hot, The Adventures of Robin Hood, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, North by Northwest, Rear Window, To Kill a Mockingbird and The Quiet Man.

It's hard to dislike these movies, if you like movies.
Never saw To Kill a Mockingbird, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, The Adventures of Robin Hood, or The Quiet Man. I did not really care for the movie Casablanca. However, I did enjoy Some Like It Hot and North by Northwest. Wasn't crazy about Rear Window, however.

Way to go, bleacheddecay. I'm pretty much the same way when it comes to movies. My friends and family aren't into West Side Story the way I am, we know each other's tastes in films, and we never judge each other by the films that we like or don't like.

Conversely, however, I've come in contact with some people who think that I'm really immature and stupid, or even retarded, for liking a film such as West Side Story. I believe that this kind of attitude, and the kinds of attitudes that're being talked about on this particular thread come about as a result of people with those attitudes having some sort of issues themselves that they haven't really been able/willing to sort out and/or deal with.

Originally Posted by king_of_movies_316
The Texas Chainsaw [Massacre] remake. If you think that is a crap horror then [I] have lost all respect for you!
Golly, we haven't even been formally introduced yet and you have no respect for me. But then I looked at your ten favorite movies and found it was a two-way street on that score.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

When someone says they thought "The Godfather" was stupid I look at them as if they walked into a honkeytonk and yelled "Hank Williams Jr sucks!". Borderline violent kneejerk reaction and disgust follows.

When someone says they think ....say E.T. sucked I deduce they have no heart. You can learn quick about a person on how and what they watch in movies. Leonard Maltin "grudgingly" gave Aliens (the second one) an 8 rating on Entertainment Tonight. I swear he said the movie was too intense. What a tool!

When someone says they looooove and adore any Robert Altman movie. Or any David Lynch movie or hell even any "name your fav genre" movie my opinion of theirs lessens. Extremes are subjective......but nobody and I do mean no-body should ever say The Godfather sucks. Thats criminal.
forgedaboudit

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
The Texas Chainsaw Masscare remake. If you think that is a crap horror then i have lost all respect for you!
Gosh does this mean you don't wanna see me any more? It'll be tough but I guess I'll move on...eventually.

PS
That movie sucked like a high class hooker.