Bug Reports for the New Design

Tools    

Was just trying to reply to SaidLuisa's thread just a few minutes ago. When I clicked the post reply button, it totally froze up and then said the website was unavailable." I refreshed several times and got the same result. I couldn't get back in until I closed my browser (google chrome) completely and reopened it and try again before I was able to load it

Did the browser itself freeze/crash? If so, did it do that when you clicked on the button, hovered over it, or were the two events very close together so that it would be difficult to say?

I ask because if the browser actually locked up then the only real explanation, apart from non-site-specific computer problems, would be it having a little trouble rendering the spinning reel image.

Did the browser itself freeze/crash? If so, did it do that when you clicked on the button, hovered over it, or were the two events very close together so that it would be difficult to say?
I don't think it was the browser. I had Facebook open in another tab and had no problems with it when I posted there at around the same time. I think it froze when I clicked the button, but I only hovered over it for a second so it's hard to say.

I ask because if the browser actually locked up then the only real explanation, apart from non-site-specific computer problems, would be it having a little trouble rendering the spinning reel image.
I hope it's not the computer. I just bought this one like two months ago.

Chrome keeps different tabs in different process, so that one tab can crash or freeze without the others ceasing to work. Whether or not it froze would basically just depend on whether or not you could do anything in it. IE: did you have a normal cursor, could you click on other links, etc.

I've fond out what was wrong with the Now Playing... my computer clock was out.

Did an update online and it's fixed the problem. Having to fix the other clocks in the house now

I always thought it was automatically updated to keep time and have been putting the clocks in the flat with the computer.

Just now when the radio show started, all my clocks said 16:57.

This isn't exactly a bug, and you'll only notice it if you use Chrome, and only if you have it set to upgrade automatically and have the most recent version, and you might not have noticed anyway, and I'm posting this preemptively before anyone has mentioned it, but...

...Chrome has been messing with the way their fonts are rendered lately. This is probably good news in a long-term sense because a lot of developers had issues with it. But it's been bad news in the short-term because it's mucking with the margins and sizes I'm using for the site's primary font. I changed the alignment of some of the headers and buttons to account for this, only for Chrome to mess with it again shortly after. Ugh.

That's a minor inconvenience, though: the real problem is that at some of the sizes we're using, the text can look suddenly too thick, and kind of squished or jagged at certain sizes. So just a heads-up that I'm aware of this, and it's lame, and I'm going to try to find a fix for it, assuming another version of Chrome doesn't come along and undo the fix for the fix, or whatever.

Think I have a problem with animated avis.

Tried to upload an animated avatar, and it just shows the solid picture.

Should be this but it's not taking.

Tried to link directly from Photobucket too (http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5ev6cdsh.gif) and that's also just putting up the solid image with no animation.

Tried one of my other avatars, one I know works on the site because I've used it before, but it's also just a solid image instead of being animated.

I'm on a tablet so I can't check, but my guess is the dimensions exceed the maximum and the server is resizing it, which would break the animation. Could be dimensions or file size. But if you use a third party to resize or scale down first, and the upload it, that should work.

Cool.

Just checking sizes... and have made a new one too of a different size.

2 more minutes and I can check.

Dagnammit.

Yeah, this is totally my bad. My avatars were 110 by 100. The site's sizes are 110 by 90.

Woops.