Sinéad O'Connor, dead at 56

Tools    

Irish singer has passed away earlier today. No cause of death has been given yet.
Troubled sad woman. R.I.P. 🙏✝️

Whoa.

RIP Ms. O'Connor.

Pauline Kael's Hideous Mutant Love CHUD
According to the news reports I've seen thus far, her last social media statements all focused on her late son, who was a suicide, and how difficult life was for her in his absence.

I'm by no means stating for a fact that Ms. O'Connor herself was likewise a suicide, mind; but 56 is awfully young to pass away unexpectedly, and I won't keel over from shock myself if it turns out to be something along those lines.

Her cover of Prince's "Nothing Compares 2 U" was, and is, iconic. May she finally be reunited with his beloved child, and know peace at last.
"If it was priggish for an older generation of reviewers to be ashamed of what they enjoyed and to feel they had to be contemptuous of popular entertainment, it's even more priggish for a new movie generation to be so proud of what they enjoy that they use their education to try to place trash within the acceptable academic tradition." -- Pauline Kael

Is it terrible that I have no feelings about this one way or the other? RIP
We all have our different icons. She had such a human persona full of pain and outrage. It probably wasn't a persona at all. We may have seen the real Sinead whenever she appeared.

She was younger than I am (2 years younger). I never knew that.
Seems like she was around & well-established when I was just a very young adult (guess she was a young adult too).
It just seems like if I saw someone perform on SNL 20 to 30 years ago... they're usually older than I am.

She had an amazing voice, and her first two albums are masterpieces. I didn't follow her career after her Universal Mother album, but it's a shame she suffered so much from mental health issues and then losing her son is heartbreaking. It's so sad the emotional struggles she had to deal with. RIP.

It was very much on the cards unfortunately. But makes it no less sadder all the same.

I was immediately reminded of the film 'Aftersun' as soon as I hard the news. Tragic.