MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2024 Season

Tools    

Watching this tribute video to Tim Wakefield brought me back to a different time in baseball. I watched some of these games, and I recall this particular era in the Red Sox history fondly.

RIP Tim and Stacy Wakefield.

Touching video, a simple thumbs up doesnt do it or them justice.

Oh wow, I hadn’t even heard about all this. Shows how out of the loop I have become. Must have watched Tim pitch against the Yankees 50 times in his career. I enjoyed him a lot. Knuckleballers are always fun. Sad story.

Who was a better knuckleball pitcher, Wakefield or Dickey? I remember Dickey having one great season then...not so much.

Depends on whether better includes longevity. Wakefield did it for longer but Dickey's peak was probably a bit higher than Wakefield's (though it was close there, I think).

Both my starters pulled in the middle of the 5th while pitching great. Ah yes, I remember the QS frustrations well from years past. It's all coming back to me.

The trick is not minding
Both my starters pulled in the middle of the 5th while pitching great. Ah yes, I remember the QS frustrations well from years past. It's all coming back to me.
Yeah, I saw that too. Jones just needed one more out! I remember thinking the last few years teams seemingly being a little too quick to yank a pitcher after 5 innings regardless of how well he’s doing.

It's so silly he's getting stuck with a 4.76 ERA for a game where he pitched incredibly well. But that's baseball.

And oh yeah, prepare to tear your hair out all year over the QS stuff.

The trick is not minding
Man, my pitchers got shelled today. I was hesitant to put Maeda out there to begin with, but Diaz was pulled after blowing a save opportunity and left with a 81.00 ERA. 😭

Tough day for me, as I plummet in the rankings.

Man, my pitchers got shelled today. I was hesitant to put Maeda out there to begin with, but Diaz was pulled after blowing a save opportunity and left with a 81.00 ERA. 😭

Tough day for me, as I plummet in the rankings.

Ignore the rankings until 4-6 weeks in. Seriously. There are maybe 50 batters, maybe, that are solid throughout a season, not even as many pitchers. Everyone else has good periods and then bad periods, their career stats, or minor league career stats if they're new, is a better indicator than what they did in 7 or 14 days. Just my 2 cents

A system of cells interlinked
It's so silly he's getting stuck with a 4.76 ERA for a game where he pitched incredibly well. But that's baseball.

And oh yeah, prepare to tear your hair out all year over the QS stuff.
I have a deep seated hatred for the number 5.2 at this point...

Red Sox vs Seattle is on right now. Miller's split is NASTY.

EDIT: Haha - the second I hit post, O'Neill destroys him for a long ball

I think my catcher may be leading my team in homers right now. Lol, so thats how my team is starting off..

Damn...

Jung with a broken wrist! The kid came out of the gate hot, but goes down hard in week one. Brutal news for both Jung and my team. This will move Burger to third for now.

Get well quick, Joshy!

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Kind of a nightmare start. 2 NA players that I really don't feel are worth dropping, with all IL spots taken and my catcher on the IL. Not worth dropping someone to pick up a temp catcher so rolling without one for a bit.

Blanco may have our first No-No of the season.
Surprisingly he was still available on waivers, but no longer. Definitely worth a grab. I mean, if throwing a no-hitter isn't good enough for a grab then what is the grab criteria? He pitches well again I doubt he will be the one being sent down when their normal starters return.

Surprisingly he was still available on waivers, but no longer. Definitely worth a grab. I mean, if throwing a no-hitter isn't good enough for a grab then what is the grab criteria? He pitches well again I doubt he will be the one being sent down when their normal starters return.
With a limited amount of roster spots, I try to fill the seats with people who have a less of a chance of being wildly inconsistent. For instance, I am not 100% on Meyer, even though he isn't a rookie and he throws nasty pitches. His leash is shorter, for sure. I also recall German throwing a gem for the Stankees last season, only to get suspended for foreign substance abuse shortly after...anyone check the brim of this kid's hat?

The trick is not minding
Weird. Late night tinkering with my roster for tomorrow, and I switched out Darvish for Wheeler and it removed his points afterwards. I thought they were locked in after his start. Went from 56.5 to 50.
Thankfully, putting him back in changed it back. Guess I’ll wait until the morning to switch him out

I've never seen anything like that. Hard to respond without perfectly retracing steps but usually that kind of stuff just ends up being an unrefreshed page or something. I dunno.