Movies That Made You Mad!

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I'm not talking about a movie of tragedy. More like a movie you think is really pretentious, or a director wasting your time, mugging you, being sensationalist, filming a walnut for 30 minutes and say it's "avante-garde", being sensationalist, whatever...

Besides the movie, why did it upset you?

Welcome to the human race...
Some examples that I've seen this year:

Tusk - twenty years into his film-making career and Kevin Smith decides that it would be a good idea to make a deliberately comical Human Centipede knock-off based on a Twitter poll where he asked his fans whether or not he should make it. The end result is bad in, like, six different ways.

Disaster Movie - the reason why saying "It's supposed to be parody/satire" is a thoroughly meaningless way to defend a movie.

Housos vs. Authority - I consider this a worse movie than Disaster Movie. Enough said.

Kingsman: The Secret Service - a two-hour movie that asks "why don't they make spy movies the way that they used to?" and then goes about proving why they don't (and yet still manages to be better than every other movie mentioned in this post).

Wanted - because as bad as Kingsman's take on the tiresome "young man joins murderous secret society" premise was, it could always be much, much worse.

Kung Fury - vacuous '80s kitsch that also plays the parody card and can't come up with any good jokes to go with it.

Lucy - one of the most vapid, soulless, contrived excuses for sci-fi action I've ever seen. Supposedly the kind of movie that you're not supposed to over-think, but it's just so devoid of anything worthwhile that any attempt to think about it at all qualifies as over-thinking.

The Devil's Rejects - it takes a hell of a movie to make you sympathise with vicious serial killers, but this is most definitely not it.

Game of Death - when paying tribute to a deceased legend goes horribly, horribly wrong.

Visitor Q - tries to be provocative and satirical but just comes across as empty beneath its more disgusting displays of black humour.

EDIT - I just realised that I forgot both Bad Boys II and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, though that could have just been some serious repression of memories on my part.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Most recently, "Soy Cuba " - I had to turn it off after 45 minutes, it was torture.

-Wolf of Wall Street (don't need to mention it)
-Do The Right Thing

I put in a movie yesterday, and the main actor annoyed me so much, I had to turn it off, even though I loved the director's first few movies

Oh, if we're including instantly hating something about the people, then I've got loads. Virtually every Whoopi film for a start.

I tend to get annoyed during the Fast and Furious films, mostly with the stunts. Sure they're visually impressive, but they are also completely unbelievable. I can suspend my disbelief if its been established within the film's universe that such feats are possible, but the Fast and Furious films are supposed to take place in the 'real world'. It kind of sucks the immersion out of the film for me when I have to watch Vin Diesel defy all laws of physics just because he's in a supercar.

That new Dredd movie. I couldn't even make it through the first action sequence.
It's one of the stupidest things I've ever seen on camera.

Then it makes me mad that people like it and support that type of cinema.

Sinister 2.

The first one is a masterpiece among my favorite movie and the sequel is so crappy and pointless that it makes me mad as hell.

Battlefield Earth, with, among other things, its repetitious "Stupid humans!," which I certainly felt like after paying full price to see this cinematic mung.

The Iceman, even though i haven't (and wont) see it. I know when Hollywood tells you something is a true story you take it with a grain of salt but this film is 95% bs taken from the word of two proven liars in Kuklinski and Phillip Carlo. Kuklinski was a serial killer who deserved to fade into obscurity, but this film has now cemented the false image of him as a badass hitman

The Iceman, even though i haven't (and wont) see it. I know when Hollywood tells you something is a true story you take it with a grain of salt but this film is 95% bs taken from the word of two proven liars in Kuklinski and Phillip Carlo. Kuklinski was a serial killer who deserved to fade into obscurity, but this film has now cemented the false image of him as a badass hitman
You must not be a fan of "into the wild" either.

A story of adult onset schizophrenia about a guy that goes into the woods, crawls into a sleeping bag and waits to starve to death.

Transformed into a search for the meaning of life, with a healthy mind, and accidentally dying from eating a 'poisonous plant' that's not actually poisonous in real life. I know at least one person has died from this films false narrative.

A story of adult onset schizophrenia about a guy that goes into the woods, crawls into a sleeping bag and waits to starve to death.

Transformed into a search for the meaning of life, with a healthy mind, and accidentally dying from eating a 'poisonous plant' that's not actually poisonous in real life. I know at least one person has died from this films false narrative.
Wait, where does the schizophrenia come in?

Wow!! Haven't seen it yet but i was already familiar with Alexander Supertramps (forgot his real name) story and that is ridiculous. I heard that alot of people were pissed at the book because they expected it would turn others into reckless morons.

I'm not old, you're just 12.

Tusk - twenty years into his film-making career and Kevin Smith decides that it would be a good idea to make a deliberately comical Human Centipede knock-off based on a Twitter poll where he asked his fans whether or not he should make it. The end result is bad in, like, six different ways.
I actually liked Tusk. I feel like it was just a guy who had gotten bored with making films having fun again. His warped joy in staging this wacky walrus flick is palpable, and it reinvigorated his enthusiasm for his craft (which he had planned on giving up). It's bad, but it's a hilarious, "can you believe this?" bad. It's one of my favorite flicks of that year, actually.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Wait, where does the schizophrenia come in?
they removed it from the book and movie. schizophrenia was part of his REAL life story.

apparently it's common for schizophrenics to leave their family behind and wander off cross country like that.

they removed it from the book and movie. schizophrenia was part of his REAL life story.

apparently it's common for schizophrenics to leave their family behind and wander off cross country like that.
I actually know a schizophrenic who did something similar, and I wanted to once - before I was diagnosed. I was inspired by Herzog.