The 2013 Movie Forums Oscar Picks Pool

Tools    

well, not everything has to be filled out though either, am I correct?
Not sure I understand, but the picks pool has always required that choices be made in all 24 categories.

I wrestled with this when I first built the system four years ago, but decided to require them all, so that everyone would be eligible to win. But next year I think I'll make it optional. Anyone who fills them all in gets a chance to compete, but people who just want to pick the "big" categories for fun can do so, too.

Congratulations to IrishSansRed. I stopped by MoFo in early February to congratulate her, but then I remembered that the Oscars show hadn't even aired yet and I would have ruined the surprise. So, this is my congratulations now: CONGRATULATIONS!
I see this getting very tired very quickly. Is my prediction correct?

Well, Wreck It Ralph is the better movie and should have won. Brave was the inferior, illegitmate offspring of Brother Bear and How To Train Your Dragon. Huge disappointment.

Hey Yods, when is the overlay thing coming down? It never actually went away for me after I voted for some reason, but it's still asking me to make my picks.

I thought Frankenweenie should have won. Loved the B&W....took balls to make and Burton pulled it off...well.

I thought Frankenweenie should have won. Loved the B&W....took balls to make and Burton pulled it off...well.
I was underwhelmed by Frankenweenie. It was a decent movie, but nothing particularly noteworthy, IMO.

Nothing Burton does any more takes balls.

Really? When is the last time a black and white movie has been made? I wasn't expecting much from Frankenweenie because it was a Burton movie but I thought he did a good job.

Yeah, one even won something called "an Oscar". Apparently it's quite a big deal in the movie industry.

That's because he switched to cooters.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	635
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	10212