MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2024 Season

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Rigged!

Really though, Yoda clearly set this all up so Freeman could get extra at-bats.

Rigged!

Really though, Yoda clearly set this all up so Freeman could get extra at-bats.
That Muppet tampered with the players glove!
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	padres_yoda.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	98070  

The trick is not minding
So how does points get decided on only 1 game? Same as normal? Just seems like a small sample size.

Also, Darvish performed about as expected. Was hoping he could have gotten a few more strikeouts, but he didn’t give up much either.

So how does points get decided on only 1 game? Same as normal? Just seems like a small sample size.
The points are just where things would be if the season ended today. They'll update continuously as games and stats accumulate, but ultimately the result is just where they are when the final regular season games are played.

They will, accordingly, fluctuate wildly for the first few weeks of the season.

So it started. In South Korea!?!?

Easier for the teams to get there than North Korea.

Also, Darvish performed about as expected. Was hoping he could have gotten a few more strikeouts, but he didn’t give up much either.
The first month especially sees wild shifts of the standings, almost by the hour. A single dominant/High K performance by an SP with a couple of lights out RP guys going can send you to the top of a category or two in one night, for instance. The ratios will fluctuate like crazy, as well. Those tend to calcify as the season goes on, becoming harder and harder to change.

Also, keep an eye on my team in the standings as the season goes on. Any teams above mine are most likely managed by habitual cheaters, while the teams below mine are not.

Fun league history Sedai probably won't mind me sharing: his team used to be called something else. The first day of his first year of playing roto one of his pitchers had a crappy outing and his team ERA was 108.00 and he thought he was screwed for the whole year. Then I explained the same thing he just explained and he changed his team name to the Clueless Clowns, and kept it for years.

One-third inning pitched, four earned runs = 12 runs per inning, 108.00 per game.

That's rate stats for you. They only measure what the number would be if you extrapolated it at the same pace. If a hitter is 0 for 1 on the season they're batting .000 and if they're 1 for 1 they're batting 1.000.

If the same relief appearance happens in August it maybe moves the team ERA somewhere on the second decimal point because it's tossed into a bucket with 1000 other innings. But if it's all the data you've got because the year just started, it looks different, even though it isn't.

The word for the day is Ouch. Ouch! Drafting Yamamoto in the 3rd round wasn't too wise it seems, 5 earned in the first inning. I didn't know American baseballs were bigger than Japans?! I would've taken his control issues in spring training way more seriously knowing that. Plus the Padres threw Michael King out there as a long reliever, and I didn't draft him for that. I thought they were making him a starter. sigh
Allrighty then.

Fun league history Sedai probably won't mind me sharing: his team used to be called something else. The first day of his first year of playing roto one of his pitchers had a crappy outing and his team ERA was 108.00 and he thought he was screwed for the whole year. Then I explained the same thing he just explained and he changed his team name to the Clueless Clowns, and kept it for years.
Trying to recall who it was that got shelled, but that was a long time ago... I probably got rid of him right away and he ended up getting scooped and doing well for the rest of the season.

The word for the day is Ouch. Ouch! Drafting Yamamoto in the 3rd round wasn't too wise it seems, 5 earned in the first inning.
I'm gonna say one inning is a tiny bit too early to draw conclusions.

I was less high on Yamamoto than a lot of others, but I still think he'll be pretty good in the long run.

I'm gonna say one inning is a tiny bit too early to draw conclusions.

I was less high on Yamamoto than a lot of others, but I still think he'll be pretty good in the long run.
Yeah it is, and it should be. I traded Zack Wheeler for Bryan Reynolds last year due to a bad game or two, and he ended up as good as ever. I think I'll let Y.Y. figure it out on my bench to avoid further growing pains.

Oh and don't get the MLB app. I haven't seen any live games, theyre all audio. Hopefully that will be different when more games are being played, but not worth taking a chance on it.

Yeah I know with MLB TV (which I still think might be the same thing/included/whatever) there are exclusions when games are on AppleTV or whatever. Very plausible this super duper special series was an exclusion.