Television Tab

Tools    

Decided to re watch The Sopranos for the 104th time. Will post here after each Season.
I've got a hankering to watch it again. That would be the 6th or 7th time besides the episodes you just catch when you're flicking through the channels. Might wait will the autumn tho when the days draw in a bit.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I'm gearing up for another Sopranothon (TM ) myself.

Spent the guts of a day last week ripping the season 1 episodes from DVD to my NAS to play through Plex.

I've got a hankering to watch it again. That would be the 6th or 7th time besides the episodes you just catch when you're flicking through the channels. Might wait will the autumn tho when the days draw in a bit.
Haven't started yet, defo holding you and Tac to your words and probably starting a thread for us soon

I'm up for that.

I'm slowly moving my TV stuff on DVD to hard drive, having spent most of the year slowly ripping 200-odd DVD movies. Plex is my Netflix of good taste.

Unregistered User
I'm up for that.

I'm slowly moving my TV stuff on DVD to hard drive, having spent most of the year slowly ripping 200-odd DVD movies. Plex is my Netflix of good taste.

What is Plex Tac?

It's a way to stream movies and music from a hard drive to any device in your house provided it has wi-fi and is DLNA enabled. My TV has it installed already but if you've got a FireTV, Roku stick, game console etc you can get the app there. You then install Plex wherever your movies are stored and point it at the requisite folder. Plex then sets up its own server to stream your content and displays it pretty nicely -

In terms of actually ripping DVDs to your hard drive, I use a program called Handbrake. It's slow (my pretty powerful PC takes 30-45 minutes to rip one film) but the quality's great.

I've already spent a number of months doing this and have barely scratched the surface. It's a labour of love.

There's an anthology series coming to Syfy called Channel Zero. I like the concept and the trailer left me intrigued. I hope this won't turn out to be another typical disappointment which Syfy is notorious for.

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/08/cha...er-1201718507/

"The tagline “Nightmares come from somewhere” might not sound all that scary by itself, but paired with the extremely creepy teaser for the Syfy anthology series “Channel Zero,” it’s enough to give you a serious fright. The inaugural season of the show, “Channel Zero: Candle Cove,” is a six-part series based on Kris Straub’s short story from Creepypasta, and stars Paul Schneider and Fiona Shaw (“Harry Potter”)."

I'm up for that.

Plex is great. I'm connected to both sons servers via plex so never short of stuff to watch

I have finished watching "Mr. Robot"- season 2, episode 8. First season was better because it had stronger storyline. Second season is weaker because of weaker storyline and wasted potential (I'll explain further on). Series itself is better than "Better Call Saul" but worse than "Fargo". Here are 10 main characters ranked from best to worst and comments on them:

1. Tyrell Wellick (He was the best character in season 1 but he has not appeared in season 2 yet. His continuous up-hill struggle that kept blowing up on him was intriguing to watch. His relationship with wife could provide so much more thrill & grotesque flavor to the series. Plot has left the door open for this character to return which could be his redemption or his road to total insanity. I'd like to see him return for revenge against people he perceive as having wronged him and he would take opportunistic approach to developing scenario.)
2. Angela Moss (She wasn't prominent in season 1, but became more relevant in season 2. She is interesting because her story arc could go so many directions as she isn't sure about the road she should take. One problem is that we don't see her struggle with her position enough. I don't want to see her unravel completely, but I do want to see her in more pain.)
3. Joanna Wellick (She should feature more, because she has mystery. We don't know who she is. At first she seemed to be cold and calculating but then she wondered to her new boyfriend and talks about love. She could be great character in the storyline.)
4. Darlene (Her role should become more defined either as a warrior or a woman crumbling under pressure.)
5. Elliot Alderson (I like him as a character. The problem with him isn't so much relating to him as to the amount of time we see the same sides of him being shown on repeat. I get he hallucinates and that it is one of the main points of the series, but the bs should be cut shorter.)
6. Mr. Robot (again, too much of the same psychological mumbo jumbo paddle in the same swamp.)
7. Phillip Price (He is just another boss like so many others in other films. Although he does provide solid backing for his world view.)
8. Mobley (he's been insignificant up until S02E08, but it seems like he's going to become more relevant going forward which is good.)
9. Trenton (The same as Mobley)
10. Dominique DiPierro (I don't believe she's good detective, mainly because she is too playful in supposedly serious role. I think she should become more strict and assertive.)

I think "Mr. Robot" should have each episode concentrate more on fewer characters and fewer plot threads, because it is a bit too scattered as it stands.

Watched the first episode of the HBO miniseries The Night Of. Thought it was pretty good and it will no doubt get more interesting from now on. It is a remake of a BBC show called Criminal Justice, anyone here seen it?

It is about a guy who ends up having a one night stand with a girl and when he wakes up she has been stabbed to death. Not sure what happened yet exactly, the girl clearly had some problems they purposefully made her really mysterious and weird. Some of it was pretty convenient, like him forgetting his keys when he runs out of the house and him needing to break back into get them. As well as him getting picked up by the police when they get the call about the murder and them deciding to take him to the house with them. Just the idea of his luck being this horrendous is bad enough, seriously doubt the police would ever take a random guy picked up for drunk driving along to investigate another crime with them. Also i can't tell you how much it annoys me when someone doesn't call the police when something like this happens, i suppose he just ran because he didn't remember anything and thought it was possible that he did it. Still though.

Just watched the first episode of The Leftovers. Liked it a lot, i don't know if the show keeps this quality up but i must say it is pretty incredible how many good shows HBO have produced. About to watch the second.

Just watched the first episode of The Leftovers. Liked it a lot, i don't know if the show keeps this quality up but i must say it is pretty incredible how many good shows HBO have produced. About to watch the second.
oh I loved The Leftovers! everyone else I know never kept up with it. The third series is going to be set in Australia I heard.

oh I loved The Leftovers! everyone else I know never kept up with it. The third series is going to be set in Australia I heard.
Is it set in a different place each season? Didn't know that. I heard that is going to be the last season.

I've watched the first 6 of The Night Of. Really great show, definitely improves as it goes along. It seems like it has everything, it's part mystery, part prison drama, part courtroom drama, etc. Michael K Williams and John Turturro are fantastic. Riz Ahmed is just ok IMO though. I really like him in Four Lions but here he is a bit too moody and silent, it works for his character but it also isn't the most interesting thing to watch. Really not to keen on Amara Karan who plays his lawyer. Don't know if i'm just imagining it but it seems like she is going to burst out laughing all the time and it is so off putting.

Yeah, great show. Just hope it doesn't have a similar (non) ending to American Crime Season 2.

Yes the second season of the Leftovers they're in a different part of the country. You'll see when you get up to that bit.

I'm looking forward to watching The Night Of

Recently finished the second season of Fargo. Fantastic. Better than the first, and one of the best seasons of any show that I have watched in a while. Love the large cast and how everyone was cast perfectly, and I think the crime gang setting made it more enjoyable for me too. Episodes six and nine were particularly great.

Recently finished the second season of Fargo.
Really should watch this myself, i loved the first season.

Has anyone here watched The Night Of? Just wondering because i finished it earlier and i was wondering thought others thought. I found it excellent, haven't watched many miniseries. I'd say i prefer I Claudius to it but i liked it better than 11/22/63. Those are my top three so far.

Unregistered User
Really should watch this myself, i loved the first season.

Has anyone here watched The Night Of? Just wondering because i finished it earlier and i was wondering thought others thought. I found it excellent, haven't watched many miniseries. I'd say i prefer I Claudius to it but i liked it better than 11/22/63. Those are my top three so far.

Recorded first episode last night so hopefully watch over the weekend.

Watched:

Episode 1(series 1) of the Danish series Unit One/Rejseholdet -

Episode 1 of the first series of Penny Dreadful -

Started series 2 of Blacklist, got through four episodes so far.

Also finally started watching series 1 of The Flash, watched the first episode last night.