Is Phoenix Jean Grey the most powerful mutant in the X-Men Series ?

Tools    

Hello everyone , I am really new with X-Men Series and as I know that is a popular movie for very long time.
And after watching those movies, I am wondering if Jean Grey is the most powerful mutant in X-Men ?
For me, until now, she is , and I am her biggest fan

I am not an English speaker so I hope if i make any mistake you guys will forgive me
Thank you very much

Since there's not a ton of consistency as far as the characters' abilities - and no actual way to measure "power" I'd say it's totally subjective. It's just apples to oranges.

Unless the series actually states that "character A" is more powerful than "character B" then it's all just speculation; (ex. in the Avengers movies it's basically stated that the Hulk is physically the strongest).

Jean Grey? No. Jean Grey with the Phoenix Force? Absolutely. Jean Grey/Phoenix was on a power level like the Silver Surfer, way beyond Magneto or Professor X. Without the Phoenix Force shes just a mutant with telekinises and telepathy, solid but midrange.

A system of cells interlinked
In the X-Men universe, only a few mutants are considered Omega level, or the highest and most powerful level of mutant. Jean Grey is not Omega level, but reaches Omega level when she becomes Phoenix. This is more of a possession by a cosmic entity than her own mutant powers. Some other omega level mutants include Legion and Rachel Summers (Phoenix 2). Jean is one of the most killed off mutants, only to be brought back again and again over the years. A phoenix, indeed.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Clearly the recent version of Quicksilver in DOFP. So powerful in fact that they will never be able to use him again.

In the comic series at least, Proteus (the son of Moira MacTaggert and politician Joseph MacTaggert) was one of the most powerful mutants ever, who would be "destroyed" only to reform or take over somebody's body time after time. He would probably make a great villain in a future Marvel movie, depending on how long they continue to do them. It looks like they'll keep making them for a while, and I'd be jazzed to see him appear.

One of the problems with these discussions is that there's no "control" or way to actually measure "power" other than what the creators state (versus in pro sports for example, you can actually measure each players' stats so there's actually something to go on other than pure speculation).

Plus the different continuities change things up. For example I read that in the comics, Captain America wasn't any stronger than a bodybuilder, but in the MCU films it's implied that he's as strong as Iron Man (since he challenged Stark to a fight in the Avengers).

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
Just in X-Men? or the entire MU- Wouldn't Galactus or Thanos, the Celestials or some other crazy cosmic enitity hold that title?

Their assumption was that Jerry was already dead when I arrived, and I just nodded my head. What else could I tell them? "He had to do it, Officer, or else he would’ve turned into a worm-monster and been very unhappy."

Just in X-Men? or the entire MU- Wouldn't Galactus or Thanos, the Celestials or some other crazy cosmic enitity hold that title?
Probably depends on the continuity

I mean in that lame Fantastic Four movie from the 2000s, Silver Surfer destroys Galactus in about 10 seconds, so doesn't that mean he's more powerful.

That's why I say it's really best just to look up what Marvel says is "canon", since the only alternative is pure speculation, not to mention all the different continuities.

I mean in that lame Fantastic Four movie from the 2000s, Silver Surfer destroys Galactus in about 10 seconds, so doesn't that mean he's more powerful..

Well yeah in the movie, from the comics, Galactus bestowed only a fraction of his powers cosmic. I mean i don't know everything about F4 but that pissed me off sooo bad at the end of Rise of Silversurfer

Well yeah in the movie, from the comics, Galactus bestowed only a fraction of his powers cosmic. I mean i don't know everything about F4 but that pissed me off sooo bad at the end of Rise of Silversurfer
The F4 movies were bad, as in there were Saturday morning superhero cartoons which are better than them.

I can't tell if the OP here's talking about the X Men comics, or the series of X Men movies though - that's what I was saying about the alternate canons.

The Silver Surfer is the most powerful being in the Marvel Universe.
No, but Wizard Magazine did say he was the most powerful superhero in all of comics. #2 was Thor, and #3 was Superman.

No, but Wizard Magazine did say he was the most powerful superhero in all of comics. #2 was Thor, and #3 was Superman.
That sounds like a personal opinion, since that's combining entirely different franchises.

Other than an official statement from Marvel or DC themselves it sounds just like pure speculation.

It's also kinda pointless when you're talking about characters who aren't even in the same franchise universe, since the "laws" of DC universe don't apply to Marvel and vice versa.

That's why I'm not big on these whole "who's stronger" debates about fictional characters, sine they're basically just contests with no rules.

Well how is SS superiour to Galactus? SS is his herald - Big G gave him powers a fraction of his own.

“Hell will hold no surprises for you.”
As far as the X-Men go, I would say Jean is the most powerful, but probably only as the Phoenix. Xavier still has the most powerful mind and Wolverine can heal anything and is quite deadly, so it really depends on your POV.

What about En Sabah Nur, Apocalypse?

He's the main dude in the next movie too, I don't know much about him though.

Well how is SS superiour to Galactus? SS is his herald - Big G gave him powers a fraction of his own.
Not sure on that one since I've never read the comics.

I was just talking about how movie portrayals don't always line up with the comics. Not to mention there are different canons within the comics themselves.

I just know what I saw in the films and read here. She's level 5 or something like that, right? Whereas Magneto is 4, at least that's what i remember from The Last Stand, in which she's just plain scarry. Isn't it implied sh'es even omnipotent? I have only 1% of knowledge of everyone here, so could someone give an answer? Can at least the ones who created the characters give it?