Fantastic Four 2015 Reboot, why should we care?

Tools    

It was that bad? You'd think after how badly the first 2 films were received that they'd have at least tried with this reboot.

Probably won't be a Fantastic Four movie made ever again.

What's ironic is that a lot of the negative reviews are saying it was too cheesy and "cartoony" - which is similar to how the original 2 FF movies were criticized; if so then doesn't that defeat the point of rebooting it to begin with, since based on how the trailers were shown it looks like they were going for a "darker" style?

It's currently at 8% with critics over on RT with some of them calling it worse than Batman & Robin.

This looked awful from the start and there's no way I pay to see it. Here's hoping that the rights revert back to Marvel after this thing bombs.

Guess my gut instinct was right. I think what's telling is that the producers felt they HAD to turn a long established, main character black. And with comic movies these days that seems to be some sort of pre-requisite.
To me it seems offensive (from any racial perspective).

I understand wanting to put more minorities into movies based on a medium where, for decades, they were sorely lacking (comics), but altering an established character JUST to fill PC-driven quotas is what we used to call "tokenism." It's just wrong. It would be just as wrong to turn Luke Cage or T'Challa white, or make Wyatt Wingfoot an Asian, or make the Latverian dictator Dr. Doom into a smarmy American businessman who obtained electrical powers because he was part of the Fantastic Four's origin mission! (oops!)

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
The movie review guy had a Patrick Bateman action figure.

I have to return some videotapes.
Via Rotten Tomatoes: "[Fantastic 4] is an outstretched, moronic, drama-less time-suck that somehow manages to be less fun than Pixels, which was only slightly more enjoyable than slamming a door on your face". - Matt Pais

It's currently at 8% with critics over on RT with some of them calling it worse than Batman & Robin..
Even Batman and Robin has the redeeming value of being so corny that it's fun to watch just to laugh at it.

I want to take time to make everybody here aware that the 33% Rotten Tomatoes score of Roger Corman's original Fantastic Four movie is the highest of initial Fantastic Four films. The 2005 version has a 27%, and the 2015 version has a 10%.

I want to take time to make everybody here aware that the 33% Rotten Tomatoes score of Roger Corman's original Fantastic Four movie is the highest of initial Fantastic Four films. The 2005 version has a 27%, and the 2015 version has a 10%.
Apparently it's impossible to make a good Fantastic Four or Punisher movie

Roger Corman's original Fantastic Four movie was actually entertaining.

Doom is like Lex Luthor for Superman or Joker for batman. Sooner or later in any adaptation you will run into the fact as the main rival you'd have to use Doom in a FF movie. Sure you can start out with a lower villain but sooner or later gotta have Doom.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I lost hope for this film a long time ago but man it is getting absolutely killed! I've seen a number of reviews saying that it harks back to the dark days of comic book films that was Batman & Robin, Elektra, Catwoman and Jonah Hex. I wasn't expecting it to be that bad.

Found this quite funny

Over the past few months I've been seeing the trailer for this whenever I went to the theater, and I rolled my eyes each time it came on.

I thought it looked horrible just from the trailer, in those 3 or so minutes the characters just seemed so bland and boring. The "dark and serious" tone seemed boring as well, pretty much everything seemed SO BORING! Even the big explosions and flashy stuff looked so uninspired and the Thing looking like some CGI robot. Every single thing from the trailer was a complete turnoff and I knew I was going nowhere near this movie when it came out.

However, I still kinda thought that they just screwed up with the trailer and that the movie wouldn't be so bad... Well, it turned out that the trailer pretty much said it all. Quite honestly I didn't expect it to be this bad.