What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Can we try with real bullets now?
Yesterday I bought The Untouchables because it was on sale.

Game over man..Game over!
Today bought Ray Harryhausen collection:7th Voyage Of Sinbad, Gullivers travels, Jason and The Argonaughts, Golden Voyage Of Sinbad.

3rd disc- Samurai Champloo

Dragonslayer

Taps (1981) ... for 3 bucks...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Taps (1981) ... for 3 bucks...
What is Taps? And why was it only 3 dollars?

Originally Posted by Misirlou
What is Taps? And why was it only 3 dollars?
It is a movie about Cadets and actually has Timothy Hutton in a starring role over Tom Cruise. Thats the short version.

Originally Posted by 7thson
It is a movie about Cadets and actually has Timothy Hutton in a starring role over Tom Cruise. Thats the short version.
Is it any good? Or is that why it only costs 3 dollars?

My life isn't written very well.
The overlooked and oft hilarious Freaked.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Is it any good? Or is that why it only costs 3 dollars?

I haven't watched it in a while but I liked it when I was younger... and it was only 3 bucks because I found it (still sealed in it's original factory wrap) at a local Flea Market...

I just bought Battle Royale online

I just bought Battle Royale online
Hheeeyyyy.......

I've been reading posts as old as 2 P.M., working my way up to the present...and you said you were getting Amélie a while ago. What gives?!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I've been reading posts as old as 2 P.M., working my way up to the present...and you said you were getting Amélie a while ago. What gives?!
I know you think its great, but I want to rent it and see the whole thing for myself before I buy it. Also, Battle Royale is my favorite movie about school kids killing each other

The People's Republic of Clogher

I rented this a while back, it needed buying. Very, very good.

Heck, there's even a recommendation from a MoFo on the DVD cover...

A system of cells interlinked
I know you think its great, but I want to rent it and see the whole thing for myself before I buy it. Also, Battle Royale is my favorite movie about school kids killing each other
Amelie isn't great, it's absolutely brilliant. One of the best films ever made in the genre, if not THE best....

That's my opinion anyway. A must own...

Re: Battle Royale - I thought it was OK, but Heathers is the ultimate film about school kids killing each other, IMHO.

Got some discs today too...

Full Metal Jacket
Dressed to Kill
(Guilty Shlock Pleasure)
The Big Lebowski

Uncle Mike's second best travelogue.

Not a huge admirer (Penn's fault) but for £4.99 it's worth a second chance.

VHS replacement. Stunning film.

The most over looked and and under rated movie of 2004, Cellular. Got it for $6.99 at Blockbuster

McQ. I bought it because I'm building a collection of films with car chases.

I should have posted it earlier, but it skipped my mind. I renbted Destroy All Humans for X-Box at Blockbuster so when I return it I'm going to rent A Very Long Engagement and Chocolat which I've not seen.

£1.99 (new!) which is probably about all it's worth, but the movie's watchable enough and Farrell does a good Irish chav turn.

The guy behind the counter in the Video store greeted my impending purchase with the words "That's sh*te!". I've had trouble with him before - he once told me that Adaptation was "sh*te" and Infernal Affairs "wasn't that good".

I smiled the smile of the (self)righteous...