Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
I like Raging Bull and Moonlight.

Repression through masculinity. That’s my jam.

I know many consider it Scorsese's best film
Not me.

Caché: 2005
+ REWATCH
WARNING: spoilers below
No fear.
*I'm watching Caché with my grandmother and the suicide scene is gonna happen soon.*
One fear.

Raging Bull is overrated, and I say that as a huge boxing fan.

I know many consider it Scorsese's best film, but I don't see how it has a case over Taxi Driver and Goodfellas. Not only those, but I'd easily say The King of Comedy and Mean Streets are better as well.
I think it was better than Goodfellas. Taxi Driver is Scorseses best though.

movies can be okay...
People who don't like Raging Bulls are the ones who like movies such as Call Me By Your Name or Moonlight.
I loved all three films, almost equally.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

My kind of movie. About ordinary people, who have to struggle with daily problems. Marion Cotillard's performance was perfect as always. I really enjoy, the movies with her roles.
And one more thing, If I went married, I would like to have a husband like guy in this movie

Lycanthropus [aka Werewolf In A Girl's Dormitory] US vsn (Paolo Heusch, 1961)
+
A fun enough watch but the misdirect of the dog being called "Wolf" doesn't work that well imo

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…

A Quiet Place (2018)

Guess I just don't like movies with subtitles.

Caché: 2005
+ REWATCH
WARNING: spoilers below
No fear.
*I'm watching Caché with my grandmother and the suicide scene is gonna happen soon.*
One fear.
That's the only time I can remember feeling as though I was thrown across the room with shock .

Ed Wood (1994)

+

I watched this for the movie tournament after never being interested before. It's a well balanced movie that was a lot more humorous than I expected. Great job by the cast, especially Martin Landau.

Ed Wood (1994)

+

I watched this for the movie tournament after never being interested before. It's a well balanced movie that was a lot more humorous than I expected. Great job by the cast, especially Martin Landau.
Love that film! It would easily be on my Top 100, Depp is so good as the happy go lucky Ed Wood.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…

Isle of Dogs (2018)

Unfairly portrays dog-lovers as dain bramaged.

A Quiet Place is a small simple story, it almost feels like it could have been a Twilight Zone episode. It's the story of a family of five 3 months after aliens land and hunt and murder most of the populace. The aliens seem to be indestructible, are very quick and incredibly sharp. I suppose they eat the victims but we don't really see much of that.

Anyways something happens that you see in the trailer and the story jumps forward 18 months later. The family lives in a retrofitted barn and we get quite a bit of world building we know the family isn't alone thanks to a very cool scene in the beginning but they might as well be.

One of the twists in the story that has been hidden in the trailers is the role of the daughter, I won't spoil it but it's pretty much the driving point of the plot. What is in the trailer is the mother's pregnancy the baby is coming and how could a crying baby survive in this world.

The film takes the JAWS approach to the creatures...less is more and while I wasn't too much a fan of the creatures aesthetic it didn't feel too CGI. The movie has a basic two part structure with the first half being atmospheric horror and the second part is just a white knuckle panic. You've got a few plot contrivances that doesn't make as much sense as you'd like but it's still an amazing film and great experience.

And that is why the film is worth your time and effort to see it in a theater because it's a film that you experience. This is one of those films that you go to see and experience it. It's not going to have the same impact at home and if you dissect certain things about it it won't make sense but it's not really about that. It's a movie focuses on your senses and your emotions.