What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Man, I've had that song in my head for a few days now - especially loved a version I found on Youtube where they played the song over scenes from Twilight...

Anyway...

Fear of Music ~ Talking Heads

To me, Talking Heads' first four albums are musical gold. Trying to decide any sort of preferential order for them is tough, although it seems like Fear of Music is always my pick for my least favourite of the illustrious four. It's a good album and all, but compared to 77, More Songs About Buildings and Food or Remain in Light, it seems somewhat lacking and slightly less rewarding an experience.

Still, Life During Wartime is a pretty good contender for my favourite Heads song and Drugs is an underrated piece of genius.

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

a little Waylon is good for everyone!!
I don't know.
Is it Captain Howdy?

Still, Life During Wartime is a pretty good contender for my favourite Heads song and Drugs is an underrated piece of genius.
I'm partial to Cities, but their best is The Great Curve. I like the fast songs.

I am currently listening to Danger Mouse and Mark Linkous of Sparklehorse's collaboration with David Lynch, Dark Night of the Soul. I'm liking it so far, but I only just started the seventh song. It's very interesting. Someone must have mentioned it before though... You can listen to it here.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Good call Sarah. Anybody interested in modern music should listen to this. It goes from ambient stuff to Iggy Pop blasting through a rock-o-rama. It's fun to hear all the different vocalists and identify them all since the only "vocalist" with more than one song is David Lynch! So, yes, I'm listening to this now too.

P.S. There's apparently some legal hassle and this album may never be released, so check it out, legally, right at Sarah's link above.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Good call Sarah. Anybody interested in modern music should listen to this. It goes from ambient stuff to Iggy Pop blasting through a rock-o-rama. It's fun to hear all the different vocalists and identify them all since the only "vocalist" with more than one song is David Lynch! So, yes, I'm listening to this now too.

P.S. There's apparently some legal hassle and this album may never be released, so check it out, legally, right at Sarah's link above.
He's releasing it as a blank, recordable CD, isn't he? And a "do with this what you will" mantra.

Great publicity!

Angel ~ Sarah McLachlan

Rangers ~ A Fine Frenzy

Hallelujah ~ Jeff Buckley

Release
~ Afro Celt Sound System with Sinéad O'Connor

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

A system of cells interlinked

One of the sickest Psy/Breaks mixes I have heard in a LONG time. I have been beating it into the ground!