What are you doing at this very moment?

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
I suppose that a Lilly Allen B side winning was indication of a hint of modernity creeping into the competition and something that the voters lapped up - maybe that'll signal a change from the awful dated soft rock ballads sung by men from 1985 (and admittedly highly attractive young women in huge dresses and huger hair) with Jim Steinman fetishes and the sort of dance music only heard in souped-up Corsas cruising the strip on their way back from a Young Farmers meeting in Moneymore.

The UK entry was just bizarre. Typical Pete Waterman, I suppose, but his conception of popular music peaked about 20 years ago.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I turned the Eurovision on last night just as the UK entry came on, I immediatly did this and turned it off. Later on in the evening I put it back on to see what was happening and saw we had 7 points and the scores were still coming in thick and fast. We in UK have many decent singers, song writers etc why on earth do they insist on giving us some reject who sings a song that wouldnt even sell in our charts. I dont get it

Weve pretty much got all our packing done and our money changed up, travel insurance and plenty of sun cream as were going on holiday Tuesday morning for 10 days to The Algarve in Portugal

Im currently burning some cds to listen to while were there (not any of MY death metal though its the wifes type of music) But on the up side I have my iPod

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
awake way to early!! since i have been stalking the site and not posting, i have good news. kevin finally has a date to be out of the army- june 9th. as far as pregnancy goes, i have less than 4-5 weeks til Jules is here. i am taking off work on the 13th to get the rest done around the house. my new feeling is she is coming earlier than july 4th.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I turned the Eurovision on last night just as the UK entry came on, I immediatly did this and turned it off. Later on in the evening I put it back on to see what was happening and saw we had 7 points and the scores were still coming in thick and fast. We in UK have many decent singers, song writers etc why on earth do they insist on giving us some reject who sings a song that wouldnt even sell in our charts. I dont get it
I think there's a huge stigma attached to the Eurovision among 'serious' UK artists. I doubt you'll ever see the likes of Take That or Leona Lewis having anything to do with it unless their careers are in need of a massive boost.

It's a different case with a lot of European countries where they put forward their most recognisable singers. That song which won is already a big hit in mainland Europe which strikes me as a bit unfair as it immediately had a head start on the others in terms of recognisability.

Weve pretty much got all our packing done and our money changed up, travel insurance and plenty of sun cream as were going on holiday Tuesday morning for 10 days to The Algarve in Portugal
Have fun mate.

Right now, I'm finishing up my coffee and listening to a collection of trailer music.

And pondering whether or not to play one video game or another in the midst of an extra-long weekend. Huzzah.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I think there's a huge stigma attached to the Eurovision among 'serious' UK artists. I doubt you'll ever see the likes of Take That or Leona Lewis having anything to do with it unless their careers are in need of a massive boost.

It's a different case with a lot of European countries where they put forward their most recognisable singers. That song which won is already a big hit in mainland Europe which strikes me as a bit unfair as it immediately had a head start on the others in terms of recognisability.

Have fun mate.
It is very unfair that the song that won is actually a hit in most of Europe already so obviously people would vote for that. Also what annoys me about the Eurovision is the voters who vote for thier neighbouring countries etc there should be some sort of rules, but then how can you possibly monitor those voters At least that idiot Terry Wogan isnt on it anymore, when I have watched it in the past he annoyed the living hell out of me, he just wouldnt shut up, he talked over the acts he talked over other people talking and it wasnt as if he was funny

Cheers mate im really looking forward to it now im starting to feel better

All you Eurovision knockers are mad. It's the nutters, wannabe 80's rockers (often East European now) and euro pop that makes Eurovision worth watching. Me and my sister had a good night last night, listening to, and eating, lots of junk. They need to put a ban on ballads (in English) and anyone playing a fiddle. That, or they have everyone sing in their own language. There's far too many singing in English now and it homogenizes the whole thing. My sister disagrees, she thinks they should all sing in English, but then she actually cares more about the music, whereas I just want to laugh. As a way of showing this, I'd like to add that I was disapointed that the Netherlands and Estonia didn't make the final. I don't know if they're on youtube or not, but try to find them and you'll see what I wish Eurovision was like all the way through.

My sister was cheering for Greece, Moldova (for the mullets and whole 80's look) and Serbia (for the man himself) in that order. I wanted Ukraine and Armenia (for two obvious reasons, for those who watched it. ) The winning song was ok. I prefer her live performance over the recorded one. BTW, anyone seen the video for the French entry? Boys, take a look.

ATTT: Watching Tom & Jerry cartoons with my niece and nephew.

I did think that when I was writing it. I thought about changing it to "naysayers" but you know how I like a good double entendre... As the nun said to the bishop.

Drinking a cup of coffee before I head out to work...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Drinking a cup of coffee before I head out to work...
Thank you for your dedication Cait' - more-so than ever on this weekend.

Discovering Primeval.
and how did that go? cant watch the show myself....