2015 Box Office Challenge Round I

Tools    

Before I make my final choice, am I right in thinking that the Paranormal Activity you have there is a spoof type thing and not the next of the franchise?
It is the next in the franchise.

Welcome Soho Driver! Glad we have some new participants.

After HK gets his picks done we can begin bombing. If we get a few more to join, all the better.

For those of you that are new. Bombing is simple. Just pick a movie from the list that you think will perform badly and give it to another contestant who has not received one yet.

OK, here's my picks then.

Taken 3
The Woman In Black 2
Fifty Shades Of Grey
Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
Paranormal Activity

I might regret it, as the new PA seems to be a comedy horror, which is what threw me. That's not what the last few have been, is it?

I might regret it, as the new PA seems to be a comedy horror, which is what threw me. That's not what the last few have been, is it?
I haven't seen any but I don't think so. Now you have me worried too. Oh well, what's done is done.

Happy bombing everyone. I will do mine tonight and get us updated in the first post.

If anyone else decides to join, you are welcome. Wish Yoda would get back in, but I think I was too disorganized the first round.

Don't worry, sean. It appears there's a comedy horror/spoof coming out as well as Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension. I didn't know The Ghost Dimension was the subtitle. They're different films.

I'll bomb teeter with Jupiter Ascending. Make or break, honey.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
OK, here's my picks then.

Taken 3
The Woman In Black 2
Fifty Shades Of Grey
Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
Paranormal Activity

No, but nothing I can find about Ghost Dimension looks like it's going to be comic in tone either.

Never done this before and will prob be rubbish at it but here goes:
50 Shades of Grey ( released on Valentine's Day. Some poor sods are going to be treated to that )
Chappie
In The Heart of the Sea
Spongebob
Cinderella

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I'll give SoHoDriver Seventh Son.

I'm just guessing on the bomb. Lots of it looks bombish to me, but I've learned that means nothing.

Master of My Domain
I give JayDee Hot Tub Machine 2.

How did they even get a green light for a sequel?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Why are people picking bombs already? I thought that was supposed to happen after everyone got their first set of picks in, which according to page 1 of this thread won't be until Dec 24th.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I thought Sean said to? Oh well I don't think it matters does it? Doesn't affect the gameplay as far as I can see

No, it probably doesn't matter. I was just curious as to what happened. I thought maybe I missed the deadline, but when I checked the first page, it listed Dec 24th.

My picks:

Taken 3
The Wedding Ringer
Kingsman: Secret Service
Paranormal Activity: Ghost Dimension
Mortdecai

And I don't plan on watching a single one of them.

As I said, his films still do decent business internationally. It all depends on the budget for this. I'm probably done for, though, I agree. A budget over around $100m will do for this, IMO and, looking at that trailer, this will easily pass that.

The other worry is that I quite liked the look of that, well, until it went Stateside anyway. Not a good sign for a mainstream film.