5,000th post...and a fond not-gonna-see-you-as-much

Tools    

Yes, I have reached 5,000 posts, at a rate of just over five per day. Yowza.

But, more than an acknowledgement of that "accomplishment", a bid you all fond farewell. Well, not farewell for 'good', but certainly I will never post at the same rate as five-per-day again.

I'm moving from Baltimore, Maryland to Portland, Oregon. I'll be hitting the road next week, driving cross-country, then happily moving in with someone I couldn't be happier to be moving in with. I'm still dancing around in joyous anticipation.

ANYway, it's been fun and all, but I just plain and simple will not be devoting anywhere near the same amount of time to the internet. I'll still check in a couple few times a week, post now and again, but I'll be much more the ghost that my invisible status has implied.

So, good to know most of you, especially the ones who have been here for my entire tenure thus far. You all can always e-mail or PM me to say "howdy" or talk about something specific, but I won't be contributing to the board itself all that much.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Holden Pike esquire

P.S. - and remember, "If they move, kill 'em."

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

there's a frog in my snake oil
Congrats on your shacking-up oh be-hatted one. We'll still look forward to your ghostly visitations when they come.

Congratulations on the move Holden… ... and I hope you enjoy the cross country trip… it should be great this time of the year…

Have fun Movie Guru Extraordinaire…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I hope you have a safe journey Holden. At least you're moving here when spring is close to take its hold. Instead of being here for the winter rains, you'll be here for the spring rains. Enjoy.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Holden, good luck on your travels and moving into the new homestead.
Don't break a leg.

I haven't had the pleasure of debating films with you just yet, but I'll wish you the best of luck anyway. Congratz on moving in with your loved one, and ... well ... have a blast!

So long, and thanks for all the fish!
Great quote!

Cheers, (a Mostly Harmless) Martin

My life isn't written very well.
Genuine congratulations on your newfound situation Holden. She must be pretty special. Think of us when you check your e-mails, open the tab bar just to check in. You'll be missed.......

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Put me in your pocket...
You’ll be very much missed around here Holden. We’ll look forward to when you can come back again to post. Much love to you and your lady....and I hope you two have a very happy new life together.

Good luck on your long trip and take care.

I See You When You're Sleeping
Well, you will be missed. Have a groovy tip and a fab moving in.

Your list thread is still here for when you come back.

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
I'll be hitting the road next week, driving cross-country, then happily moving in with someone I couldn't be happier to be moving in with. I'm still dancing around in joyous anticipation.
There is a name for that... oh never mind.

Good luck to you Mr. Pike.

I must become Caligari..!
Cya, You will be missed
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
A whole big chunk of this place just up and died.

Ya, Holden had the knowledge in his corner for sure. Good luck on your trip, and make the best of the new place. Change is good.

_S

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Holden Pike if you or LordSlaytan or anyone is in the Seattle area and you need any info let me know.

For movie fans there are a few things in Seattle that are very cool, like Cinerama www.cinerama.com and Scarecrow Video www.scarecrow.com or all the little theaters in the U-District.

Good luck on your move and for your new relationship. CONGRATS! Well you're leaving me while I am still a baby here. Sniff sniff. By what I hear, I am sure you will be missed. Hell I miss you already!

Good Luck you ornery old Bastard, oh sorry I meant Ornery Sumbitch.