Documentaries...the next Countdown List?

Tools    

The Documentary List?
59.65%
34 votes
Yes, I plan on joining.
17.54%
10 votes
No, I do not want to join.
22.81%
13 votes
I'm not sure.
57 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Destiny actually said the same idea first, I'd like to give her credit:
Thanks, Citz. There were obviously more interested in the 60's and 70's list. I was the final member in the 70's list, at number 99, and close to the final member in the 60's list, somewhere around number 85. It will for sure tell us how many titles should be in the ending results, by getting an honest number of participants. I've made a poll at the start of this thread. Please take a few seconds to vote. Thanks!

Not sure how much that poll tells us. For instance there are a bunch of members possibly as much as a third of the participants in the 60s and 70s who basically never post but usually send a list, they won't vote in that poll. There are also some members like Brother Blue and others who only really post during the countdown. Then we don't know the case with partial lists, or new members.

I think it would be best to wait until the deadline and allow the host to decide how long it should be. Iros rule for the Album Countdown only films with two votes and at least 25 points should probably be used.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Posted this in the wrong thread...

At first I was not especially excited about the idea of a documentaries countdown. I wasn't sure I had even seen ten documentaries, let alone enough to fill out a list of 25. But after a bit of searching, it turns out I have seen more than 25, although only about 5 of those I like enough to be happy submitting them on my list. I've also found quite a lot of films that look interesting to add to my watchlist. I think this will be the kick up the arse I need to finally watch some more documentaries, so looking forward to it

I'd doing this list more than a 50's one !! I'm up for one !

Planet Earth is amazing! I'd say that's a must watch for anyone who lives on the planet!

The Docs countdown will be fun and so will the 1950s!...we can make it fun if we want

I think I've only seen a few documentaries so I wasn't going to bother, but I'd at least try. I remember seeing The Thin Blue Line, the three part series of those 3 kids who were put in jail in the south, F for Fake, and a couple from that other fat guy. I think also one about stuffing dead animals and maybe a couple more. I'm not sure.

Off the top of my head I would say I've only seen a few documentaries...BUT when I go and look at a list of them, I realize I've seen many. And I still need to see more too.

Most Popular Documentations.

There's 369,341 titles listed.

So who's going to run it? Anyone on this page works for me...unless SC posts below that is.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

If no one "qualified" volunteers by the end of the month then I'll do it, if no one objects, but I need a graphics person first.
You should run it. You're the one obsessed with the documentary idea / the one who wants to really do it the most.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I'm for documentaries.

As for series, I don't know if that would be a good idea. Most people don't have time to watch much, and if people can't watch the documentaries, it kinda defeats the purpose.