Daniel M's Top 100 - 2014

→ in
Tools    

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned."

I'll probably be finished before you Cobpyth

Anyway some quick notes:

- Lots of changes from last years list, don't be too shocked to see massive movers and even some high films failing to appear at all. This is because of a combination of multiple viewings, having more time to reflect and just generally expanding my tastes in cinema.

- These are all pretty much films I'd consider 'great', I was initially going to do a top 50 but deciding to expand to 100 in order to include some more personal favourites.

- Mixture of all sorts of films, and I hope the list accurately reflects my few years as a moviegoer so far.

- This will probably be a yearly thing. My top 100 is changing all the time because I am always watching more great films, so I initially wasn't going to do a top 100 in ages, but I thought it would be interesting to keep a record every year and watch how my top 100 changes. This list is a lot different, but as I have said, still feels right to me and I think its got a delightful mix of films.

Setsuko Hara is my co-pilot
so when will we be free perpetual virgins without memory and who don't speak in search of her who on the sidewalks alternating at each train on the trains the bistros on the road the crowd of all the capitals of Europe and of the towns at dawn behind a girl alone in the waiting room i throw a rock into the pond the stories spiral out upside-down towards the sex i will recapitulate love in the real order of the circles my little girl

I've watched all of them in the banner, with the exception of The Long Goodbye, and a lot of them are some of my favorites as well, so I can already give you a thumbs up.