Do You Buy Used DVDs?

Tools    

Do you buy used DVDs?
65.00%
39 votes
Sure, so far so good.
8.33%
5 votes
Yes, it worked except for that one time...
13.33%
8 votes
Only if they guarantee the item is in 'new' condition.
13.33%
8 votes
No way, Jose.
60 votes. You may not vote on this poll

i do and have had no problem! they are cheaper to me! but that's why i have so many movies! love em. i still can get good movies but they are all older ones but they have all worked great for me

I will purchase them without even a second thought from Video Ezy (they also guarentee them to work, but I have never had to return any yet) and on the VERY rare occassion I will buy from Ebay even though so far so good, it still makes me nervous.

Lately with movie piracy over the net DVD's have become cheaper and not only that but there are a lot DVD classics for only 1.5$ and since it's an old movie no one actually rents it and it's mostly new all I do is change the DVD box and it looks just like a new one

I don't buy used dvd's on a regular basis but the times that I have, there has never been any problems. I only buy them from video stores that have a lifetime guarantee on the disc.

I buy used and more frequently new online, it's the only way to go.
Average price for new DVDs in the UK is $27 and upwards.
I just don't see how they can justify these high prices.........had the odd glitch now and then but look at the savings to be made!!!

i buy movies at blockbuster. then if its messed up i have 30 days to take it back!!! i have never had a problem, except when i bought Silent Hill!!!!! The only time i buy new DVDs are when they are movies like: X-Men, Harry Potter, Spiderman, etc. movies that i cant wait til they come to previously viewed.( and i buy those the day they come out)

I don't buy used DVD's. No way, jose. Why not? I dont know, im very keen on my own property. I like it when i can say things are absolutely mine (i dont like borrowing stuff either) and when it's second hand i just dont feel all fine with it. I like to use my own stuff until it's to broken to function. I dont throw shoes away until the soles are absolutely flat. When somebody else has already used it, and touched it, i dont feel comfortable somehow.

I don't really care about the money, though. I save up until i have enough to buy it. My brother, though, bought a used DVDbox.. Don't know what to think of that

And do check my "art": Deviant

The Adventure Starts Here!
I'm a huge secondhand fan. I don't know how I would have clothed four kids in poverty without thrift stores.

And although I'd buy used DVDs in principle, I haven't yet. I've found enough great deals on new ones (I'm picky about most purchases and am willing to wait it out for a deal) that I haven't felt the used deals were worth it. Yet.

Plus, most of the stuff I want to buy (TV series lately) are harder to find NEW, let alone used.

I'm a huge secondhand fan. I don't know how I would have clothed four kids in poverty without thrift stores.
maybe that is why i like to have stuff on my own. When i was a kid i always had to wear clothes my brother couldnt wear anymore. I hated it, half of my closet was filled with his old clothes and it bothered me.

I do understand your point though, very good that you're handy with purchasing stuff!

The Adventure Starts Here!
Actually, the hand-me-down thing hasn't worked for the two girls. They are totally different types of people (one tomboy, one girly-girl), so they wouldn't be caught dead in each other's clothes.

But the girly-girl has learned how to get three times as many clothes at a thrift store as she'd get elsewhere new. And since her styles change so fast, it's saved us both a fair amount of money.

I don't think she'd like hand-me-downs from her sister. But she enjoys finding her own bargains at the thrift store. They're clothes she's never seen before, of course, so they don't seem like hand-me-downs.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I have. I rarely buy DVD's but most of the ones I want are going to be used because they are hard to find and older.

I'd have to do so when I knew I was going to watch it soon in case there were problems. So far there haven't been any.

Normally I don't buy used DVD's. I worked at a record store myself, and even some of the new movies/cd's coming in are damaged and will still be sold if it goes unnoticed. And since I like my collection to be in mint condition (both the disc and the packaging), I don't buy used DVD's if I didn't see and inspected them personally!