Movies You Avoided Seeing (for various reasons)

Tools    

Some years ago I visited the Holocaust Memorial in Israel. I haven't been able to watch a film about the Holocaust since then. I have the same trouble with prisoner of war films, neo-Nazis, mass murders or any film that shows the physical suppression and torture of people. Yet strangely enough, I liked The Last King of Scotland, probably because I didn't have to face the suffering head-on.

I don't go to films that have Jaws, Porky's, Bandit, Nerds, Police Academy, Halloween, or Jurassic in the title or one of the Baldwin brothers in a leading role.

Machuca

I'm scared I will break down watching it...too close to home!

Some years ago I visited the Holocaust Memorial in Israel.
Me too, a very moving experience

I have visited the Holocaust Museum in Washington D.C. I know how you guys feel.

I have visited the Holocaust Museum in Washington D.C. I know how you guys feel.
Yeah, there's a Holocaust Museum here in Houston now that I've never been to--I just couldn't take it.

The thing that really got me was that as you leave the museum with the exhibits and go into the area with the memorial eternal flame, you pass one last exhibit of a single baby shoe and the number of children who were murdered by the Nazis. As a parent myself, that's where I really lost it.

Aviator it looks boring for me

Welcome to the human race...
One movie that comes to mind is Ran. My aunt owns a copy on DVD and I borrowed it once a couple of years back and watched the first hour or so before turning it off and planning to finish it later. Needless to say, I didn't. I borrowed it again a few months ago and it's been sitting in my pile of "to-watch" DVDs ever since...

The Adventure Starts Here!
I'm still avoiding all the Saw movies. I'm not a gore fan anyway... and my first exposure to these movies was going to a different movie with Yoda and his sibs, and encountering a big cardboard standup poster for the first Saw movie. Gruesome... and then Yoda proceeded to tell me a little about the "jaw" scene he'd heard about.

My imagination ran overtime and I've never had anything but fear and trepidation about those movies ever since. "Let's see how many gory ways we can think of to kill people."

*shudder*

Why do you avoid The Exorcist?
Ugh, its just... over the top. I love a lot of horror movies, heck The Shining is one of my all time favorites, but from what I've read about The Exorcist it just seems psychologically scarring.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
I can't remember the last time I saw a romantic comedy in the theater. I'm not a huge fan of the genre. I didn't even care for "You've Got Mail" - and that's supposed to be a classic.

Your loss.