The Personal Recommendation Hall of Fame

Tools    

Of course ahwell had to send me comments with his noms, 1 of 2 members to be a pain in the ass like that
SORRY lol

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
THANKS @ahwell for Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans. I've enjoyed Murnau and it was great to finally add this to my short list of his films.

5th place
Captain Spaulding-98 points

Wyldesyde: Double Indemnity (1st)
Citizen Rules: Paper Moon (1st)
Miss Vicky: The Fly (4th)
Cricket : Paris, Texas (5th)
Hashtag: Tremors (5th)
Frightened Inmate: Le Cercle Rouge (5th)
John-Connor: The Last Picture Show (7th)
Edarsenal: Dazed and Confused (7th)
Neiba: Fitzcarraldo (8th)
Hey Fredrick: Pink Flamingos (8th)
Ahwell: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (10th)
TUS: The Manchurian Candidate (10th)
Siddon: The Gunfighter (13th)

Miss Vicky - near dark (13th)
Yeah, I couldn't find this thing from a streaming source that I trust so if anybody would like a free DVD copy of it, PM me your address because I sure as hell don't want it.

4th place
John Connor-100 points

Neiba: Patton (1st)
TUS: Godfather II (1st)
CR: The 39 Steps (2nd)
CaptainSpaulding: The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (4th)
Ahwell: The Shawshank Redemption (4th)
Edarsenal: The Straight Story (4th)
Hey Fredrick: The Long Goodbye (4th)
MissVicky: 25th Hour (7th)
Siddon: The Boat / Das Boot (10th)
Wyldesyde: Dog Day Afternoon (10th)
Hashtag: Dredd (11th)
Frightened Inmate No. 2: Gattaca (11th)
Cricket: Snowpiercer (13th)

3rd place
Hey Fredrick-106 points

Hashtag-Frailty (2nd)
Miss Vicky - A History of Violence (2nd)
Ed Arsenal - Rififi (2nd)
Wyldesyde-Blood Simple (4th)
Citizen Rules - Diabolique (4th)
TUS-The French Connection (4th)
Neiba-Bicycle Thieves (5th)
Ahwell - L.A. Confidential (6th)
Cricket - Ran (6th)
John Connor - The Innocents (6th)
Captain Spaulding - The Thin Blue Line (11th)
Siddon - The Wailing (12th)
Frightened Inmate no. 2 - Moon (12th)

2nd place
Cricket-119 points

John-Come and See (1st)
As soon as I came to this it was a no brainer. It blew me away and I see it the same way for you.

Miss Vicky-Mystic River (1st)
After thinking about a bunch of movies that include your likes, I decided on a great movie that just avoids your dislikes. My biggest concern here is if you were avoiding it for some reason.

Spaulding-Hud (1st)
An easy pick from my point of view but if there's any flaw that I missed, you will definitely pick up on it.

Siddon-Guess Who's Coming to Dinnner (2nd)
With everything you've seen I can't believe you haven't seen it. I'm confident you will at least have a positive reaction although I'm having a tough time nailing down your taste.

Frightened Inmate-Children of Paradise (2nd)
My favorite nomination is what I think is one of the greatest movies ever made. It's the main reason I mentioned the runtime limit. I'm predicting a major new favorite for you.

Ahwell-Apocalypse Now (2nd)
My number 1 pick for you and I'm hoping it'll be a new favorite.

TUS-Strange Days (3rd)
I think it suits you well but I'm not sure. Many people love this movie, including myself, but just as many people don't think much of it. I'm taking a shot.

CR-Chinatown (5th)
I think you'll have a positive reaction but I'm not sure how positive. More than anything, I see it as the number 1 movie you have to see and I'm surprised nobody else picked it. I call it a masterpiece.

Neiba-The Battle of Algiers (6th)
Initially I was going to go with something more artsy for you but I wanted to pick this for someone. I think you'll have a very good to great reaction.

Wyldesyde-Rashomon (7th)
Double Indemnity was my easy first choice but there was never a chance that it would slip to me. I see The Seven Samurai is one of your favorites yet there's many Japanese classics you haven't seen. I'm randomly picking one even if it's not quite a personal favorite for me.

HashtagBrownies-Sling Blade (9th)
When I look at your top 10 I think you have similar taste to Derek Vineyard who I believe loved this. Regardless, I think it's an easy movie to love for most people and it's not brought up much anymore.

Ed-House of Games (12th)
One of my favorite picks is this forgotten gem. It probably won't be your favorite of this HoF but I think it suits you and it'll be up there.

Hey Fredrick-The Hidden (12th)
My first couple picks got taken so I went with one that I think you'll definitely have fun with. Not new favorite material but I'm at least sure you won't dislike it.