Captain America: Civil War

Tools    

Hopefully you are right and they leave enough screen time to tell a story in "Civil War". Action without story is BORING!!!
Judging by The Winter Soldier. I think they will. There is an awful lot of plot development in the that short two minute trailer. The risk is that it will become bloated with extraneous characters, and I think I am the only person on the internet who disliked the introduction of Spiderman for that very reason- it felt shoe-horned.

Wow this amazing.. I cant wait till the movie releases..

In the trailer when Spiderman takes caps shield it looks like Black Widow is on Caps side but she i suppose too appear on Iron Mans. I think its possible that Black Widow had turned and Iron Mans secret member is spiderman and he comes in at the end where we finally get whos on whos side and all team twists are over and done with.

From what I've read, Tony Stark builds the Spidey-Suit for Parker so it's possible he's built a function into the eyes that copies his facial expressions from underneath.
Stark is a genius after all.

I almost gave up hope we'd ever see the one superhero I actually really like in the MCU, but once Amazing Spiderman 2 didn't live up to Sony's expectations I was so filled with joy when they announced Sony and Marvel worked out a deal.

I was hoping we wouldn't see him in the trailer either but having Spiderman in the trailer is crucial to let fans know who maybe didn't know Sony and Marvel struck a deal that Spidey was coming. That'll get even more asses in the theater. Spiderman IS Marvel's superman.

I bet this was a big fan conspiracy where half of them didn't go see Amazing Spiderman 2 because they knew Sony would then go to Marvel with a certain awesome proposition.

I just saw the new trailer just now and holy smokes, they got the Steve Ditko '60s design of the Spider-Man suit! With UTILITY BELT! Holy fanboy camolly.

And of course, the rest of the trailer is, pardon the pun, amazing too. I love the built-up to the war, and it looks like a very promising movie full of the political intrigue I love from Winter Soldier. I was worried before that the movie might get clouded with all the superhero cameos, but it looks like this might not be the case.

I'm a little annoyed though that the thumbnail of the YouTube video spoiled the surprise for me. lol I found out about Spidey way earlier than needed. I know a lot of people are complaining about the CGI effects of the suit but as a fanboy of the comics I couldn't really care since it was a nice design choice for Spidey to start from square one, from the Golden Age days of the comics. The small eyes were the perfect add-on that have nothing to do with Deadpool, contrary to the popular misconception rising up. Webhead had those small eyes since the Ditko days in the '60s. It was the perfect tribute gift-wrapped for the fans.

Hoo. Spidey is finally back with Marvel! NICE! Welcome home, Peter. Can't think of anything else about the trailer after the revelation, to be honest. And I've also heard that he's going to play a significant role in the movie as well. I'm really hoping that he's going to side with Cap at the end like in the comics since Peter's idol-worship of the Captain America (that led to his desire to want to be a hero as a child) was kinda an integral part of his character that I hope they wouldn't dismiss. It would just feel like such a slap in the face to the fans if Spidey beats up Cap in the movie, that's all. So don't do that, please.

My assumption is that Spiderman gets a suit at the end for a time when an avenger is needed. Is it me or did it look like this Spiderman costum mimics the Raimi Spiderman more then the Amazing Spiderman one

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
My assumption is that Spiderman gets a suit at the end for a time when an avenger is needed. Is it me or did it look like this Spiderman costum mimics the Raimi Spiderman more then the Amazing Spiderman one
I don't think it looked like either. I thought the suit looked awesome.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

No, I mean how is Spiderman narrowing his eyes, when he's wearing a costume? He did this in the cartoon too, which I let go - because it was a cartoon!
Exactly. Unless we're assuming Peter Parker has been given a suit that incorporates in-fabric cybernetics and nano-technology, then there's no way he could squint the eyes of a fabric mask. And if Peter has been given a suit of cybernetics & nano-technology, then he's not quite the Spider-Man most of us grew up knowing.

P.S. Just a side observation - always thought it was a bit odd in the Tobey Maguire movies how when Spidey talked we never saw his jaw or mouth area move under the mask!

Are we really suggesting the Spidy's narrowing eyes is the most unrealistic element in the Marvel universe?

If they use the actor from the second series of Spider-Man movies Ill be happy.

Ive always missed seeing the webbed arms like they occasionally used in the comics.

Are we really suggesting the Spidy's narrowing eyes is the most unrealistic element in the Marvel universe?
No, but I think the former poster made the point about how you can let it pass in a cartoon as a tool of artistic representation to show emotion.

Comic artists have been doing this from the beginning. Some artists were successful at very subtly showing changes of emotion to Iron Man's mask for instance - when in "reality," it's a metal mask - it's eyes can't widen, it's mouth hole can't frown or grimace.

It's a bit different with "live action."
I'm not saying they can't get away with it, just that we process live action differently (- under a different set of parameters of what's allowed and what's not, what can happen and what can't -) than we do with still art or animation. We are far more willing to accept representative symbology in drawings whereas we have a bit more of a hard time mixing animation aspects with live action and accepting it as a visual reality.

If they use the actor from the second series of Spider-Man movies Ill be happy.

Ive always missed seeing the webbed arms like they occasionally used in the comics.

Nope Andrew Garfield isn't coming back. They already cast Tom Holland as the new Peter Parker/Spiderman.

This new spiderman is gonna be the youngest Spidey we've ever had.

My figuring is Spiderman will reveal himself too Tony but even Stark wont let people know a boys identy so. I figure movie Stark will keep his secret but not make him reveal his identy too the public and Spiderman appearing on Stark Side will kinda stun everyone cause really Spiderman is even more a hero as Cap in the hero world.

My figuring is Spiderman will reveal himself too Tony but even Stark wont let people know a boys identy so. I figure movie Stark will keep his secret but not make him reveal his identy too the public and Spiderman appearing on Stark Side will kinda stun everyone cause really Spiderman is even more a hero as Cap in the hero world.
True, but after seeing the latest trailer, it's a bit hard to imagine how they're going to make Tony go overboard enough for Spidey to turn over against Tony. I'm all for #TeamCap, but they really put Tony in a good spotlight there, making him sound more reasonable and relatable than his comic book counterpart (in the Civil War book that is). And technically, Cap is helping a lawbreaker vigilante (who shot at Tony's face and sniped down Rhodes from the sky) escape, making Cap's case a little harder to root for now that I think about it.

So I'm not sure how Spidey's gonna stand by Cap's side, really. Kinda worried that Cap would be painted a bad guy in his own movie even - or at least supporting a morally not-so-righteous character.

I'm sorry, this is such a cruel thing to say... but I can't stop looking at Tom Holland's chin.

It's upstaging him.

I'm sorry, this is such a cruel thing to say... but I can't stop looking at Tom Holland's chin.

It's upstaging him.
Can't unsee... Reminds me of Christian Bale's eye wart from The Dark Knight...

Nope Andrew Garfield isn't coming back. They already cast Tom Holland as the new Peter Parker/Spiderman.

This new spiderman is gonna be the youngest Spidey we've ever had.
ugh

Oh well. At least they didnt cast a girl to play him.