Black Swan

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Love Aronofsky. Will be seeing this...

Reel Views states this flick is superb, blowing away both Shutter Island and Inception with its elegance and power.

[EDIT] Yup, I have read more about the film, and I am all over this thing. Shades of Mulholland Drive abound.

A system of cells interlinked
Bummer! An oddity, to be sure...

Yep, this is getting treated like Mulholland Drive or Inland Empire... It's the weird little film in the dark corner...

Semper Fooey
I'm not going to rush to the theater. Reviews are mixed and sounds a little too artsy for my taste. Maybe I'll rent it.

I'll see what I can do. Drat, if only they built cameras into something I was carrying with me anyway. Like a phone, or something. Yeah, that's the ticket. I'm stopping by the patent office on my way home.

Originally posted in the Movie Tab II thread

Black Swan
Aronofsky

*The image above is from my favorite scene of the whole film.

An emotionally incestuous mother and an obsessive love for ballet and perfection seem to force a barrier upon Nina (Portman) emotionally, sexually, and most obviously mentally. Most of the film is metaphorically thick with instances of Swan Lake bleeding through her work and real life. Despite that, we see an unforgettable transition from Natalie Portman's character. From the White Swan to the Black Swan on stage and a surreal transcendence of the same characteristics into her own life. The third act, the production performance, shows this transition in only a way Aronofsky could've envisioned.

Black Swan is slow thriller but I never lost focus. The film was very gripping and haunting throughout. The final performance is absolutely beautiful and blew away any expectations I had conceived from the slow build up. There are so many other elements to this film that are great. Nina's virgin like innocence. Her relationship with her mother, played wonderfully by Barbara Hershey. Nina's struggles with the literal and metaphorical "Black Swan" and instructor/role model played by Vincent Cassel. The elements of sexuality were brilliant. Also, one of the most haunting scenes I have ever seen thanks to Winona Ryder. Beautiful, tragic film.

lol. Yeah she just
WARNING: "" spoilers below
stabbed her self in the face a couple of times.

I love Natalie Portman and I enjoy Deran Aranofskiy's movies.Novadays, I think he is one of the best directors. If someone will save Hollywood , from stupid movies as Transformers and Avatar , I think it will be Deran ...