Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Alright. You watch your Mrs. Doubtfire and then watch World's Greatest Dad with me. Unless you want to do a Mrs. Doubtfire commentary, but I'll understand if you need to be alone with Mrs. Doubtfire.

Again, I have the opposite problem. There are so many actors from the 60s that I love, but so few current actors that I like. And I rarely base my movie watching decisions on directors, with the exception of Steven Spielberg, but his more recent movies are more heavy and dramatic than his older stuff, so even his movies are iffy for me nowadays.
There are quite a few modern actors that I love (Joaquin Phoenix, Leonardo DiCaprio, Russell Crowe, Johnny Depp, John Cusack, Bruce Campbell) and a few modern directors that are pretty safe bets for me (Spielberg, Scorcese, Burton, Fincher, Tarantino, Mangold). But the 60s is a wasteland for that. Once we get to the 50s and 40s I'll have an easier time, since that's when Hitchcock was at his best and also when Victor Mature did the bulk of his ham-tastic performances.

Alright. You watch your Mrs. Doubtfire and then watch World's Greatest Dad with me. Unless you want to do a Mrs. Doubtfire commentary, but I'll understand if you need to be alone with Mrs. Doubtfire.
I don't think I need to be alone with Mrs. Doubtfire. Assuming it gets delivered at a reasonable time (and not late at night, which seems to happen a lot for some reason), we could do a Doubtfire commentary if you want.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
There are quite a few modern actors that I love (Joaquin Phoenix, Leonardo DiCaprio, Russell Crowe, Johnny Depp, John Cusack, Bruce Campbell) and a few modern directors that are pretty safe bets for me (Spielberg, Scorcese, Burton, Fincher, Tarantino, Mangold). But the 60s is a wasteland for that. Once we get to the 50s and 40s I'll have an easier time, since that's when Hitchcock was at his best and also when Victor Mature did the bulk of his ham-tastic performances.

Most of those actors are good actors, (but sometimes I think Johnny Depp is overrated), and I'll see their movies if the movie sounds interesting, but the only modern actor I can think of who I'll see just about anything he does is Kevin Spacey.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Captain America The Winter Soldier (again)

The Hitcher

Stake Land

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Still better than Taxi Driver.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Captain America The Winter Soldier (again)

The Hitcher

Stake Land
Is that the original version of The Hitcher? Surely not.

Auto Focus (2002)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

I wondered why this movie beat out Apocalypse Now for best picture for a while now. I was even a bit upset since Apocalypse Now is one of my all time favorite films. Well after finally seeing it, I can say I have to reason be upset. It is a great movie.

Is that you have a reason, but it's a great film or was it meant to read "I have no reason to be upset"?
More no reason to be upset. It is not a Dances with Wolves over Goodfellas situation, which still ticks me off.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Wait until Dark

Okay. Merely "Ok".

Audrey Hepburn does a terrific job as a blind woman trying to cope with criminals trying desperately to find a "Heroin" doll located somewhere inside her house. There are a few eventful scenes, but sadly the film isn't nearly as suspenseful as it tries to be. Its located in one-location for the majority of the time but it starts to become rather tedious. It works in great films like 12 Angry Men, but its not nearly as effective here.

Overall, Wait until Dark is an alright, if underwhelming thriller. Not a must-watch for the 60's list.

-